Lowrance 332C problem

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Major Mark

Reaction score
I had a 332C put on by the dealer before I took delivery of my new Targa. I've only had it out twice so far, but can't get the unit to work right. I keep getting a "Can't find the GPS modual" or sometihng like that. I called the dealer service manager & he was shocked, sad, but glad to hear it. Apparently they have 2 other customers with new 332C's having the same problem. He told me he's awaiting word from Lowrance about further troubel shooting things to look at besides proper wirng, etc. They are starting to suspect bad GPS pucks?? Anyone else have one & having difficulty with one?? I'm wondering if it may be a bad installation? My problem is I'm on vacation this week & had intentions on hitting the water every day (if it ever stops thundering outside) and can't play with the GPS & my new Lowrance/Lakemaster MMC card. Also the other bummer is the dealer is 100 miles away!

Mark

There were several guys who had the same problem. There is a red sheet that was stuck into the box as a tech reminder to hook some wires together...Can't remember which ones but look in the box for it. It tells you what to do. easy fix.

Yep Triton1a is on the right track. The problem is most likley that the NMEA 2000 bus isnt powered. If its not powered the gps module wont work at all. Look for the wire labeled NMEA power on the power connector. There will be a red,black and bare wire coming out of it. Put the red to power(needs to be fused 3amp i believe) the the black to ground and it should fire the gps module right up. It sounds to me like the dealer didnt read the manual before they did any installs. My 332c had a big red paper in the box that said the gps wont work unless the NMEA bus is powered, it was the first thing i saw.

Jim B is correct. There are two power leads that have to be connected. One is the unit and the other is the NMEA Bus. The Buss powers the gps antenna.

Mini

I read the red sheet before I called the Service Manager. He claims all the power leads were connected, but I'm having my doubts. Problem is, looking under ther console is uselsss with all the wires hanging under there, & the Lowrance wires come thru the console above the stereo making a true visible inspection near impossible. Given his admission that my GPS isn't the only installation they're having GPS problems with, guess I have 2 choices..1) take a day off of my fishing vacation days & drive 100 miles to him to have it done right (& my expense for the gas to get there & back, plus with the rain so far this week I hate to give up a day traveling instead of fishing, or 2) dive into the wiring mess & attempt to make it right myself...

Thx Guys for the opinions

Mark

The wiring won't be to bad to check once you get into. I haven't had mine out yet either. It won't work in my garage I am guessing. Those directions are a little confusing. The red card helped clear it up though. If mine doesn't work I will let you know.

While we are on the 332c topic, check out the emulator(spelling?) on the lowrance website. Click on the 332c product and then below it the emulator, Download to your computer. You then go to your programs and you will see lowrance and go from there.

The 332c pops up on your screen and you can go through all the functions just like on your unit. Go to the sonar set up and you can run demo and experiment with the sonar functions. Same with the gps it will start out moving for you and you can work with it. Clark

That unit is awesome,.....the individual screen customizing features are unreal,...I was blown away by the data overlays that you can create and add to various screens....REALLY cool!!:wub:

One thing -- just a gues-- check and recheck the terminator is seated good and that end of the extention cable goes to the GPS not the antenna.

Not sure -- but it is something to check.. :huh:

Look Luck--- Rick

If they haven't sealed your wire offs you should be able to gently pull the cable listed nema power up , if it is not conected the wires will come out. I installed my owen 332c works GREAT!!!!

:wub:

Good point Hale....

The terminator on the NMEA bus HAS to be seated....

Even I didnt think of that (cause it comes from the factory that way, at least it is supposed to)

Mini

Latest posts

Back