Just installed a iPilot to my Powerdrive v2 TM

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirForce

Reaction score
Man it felt good to get out to work on the boat. My iPilot came in yesterday. I researched it a little after watching Hank Parker and his wife fish a dam and he used an auto anchor feature and he talked a little about GPS features and stuff. But the auto anchor for deeper waters really intrigued me that no long deep anchors are need (keeps you within 5 ft of your spot). Kinda expensive at 459 bucks but figured what the heck. Would love to have got the iPilot with link system but that was 799, too much for me to link it to my humminbird's lakemaster chip.

So got out there and in 30 minutes had it installed and working. Could have been quicker if I hadn't had trouble getting the top head cover screws out, and back in. I can't see squat in dim light conditions, plus angle of screwdriver head is important too. I must say that it came with all the fittings/screws etc you need for the install. Those heat shrink tubing pieces are unique too. Not only does it heat shrink, but has a glue like substance that really gives the connection a water tight fitting.

http://www.basspro.com/Minn-Kota-iPilot-Wireless-GPS-Trolling-Systems/product/10215401/

Oh and it also comes with spare screws so if you had a copilot, you didn't have to go hunt for the original screws, it comes with the new shorter set needed, since you don't need a foot pedal anymore.

If you want to see the install pics I did go here http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/policek9trainer/library/Bass%20Boats%20I%20own%20currently/2013%20Tracker%20Pro%20175TF/iPilot%20Installation?sort=3&page=1

below is a little short video of verifying my ipilot installation

yeah, can't wait to try it out on a deep hole. Got one in Louisana where a bayou empties into a shallow lake in the bend of a larger bayou. Goes from 4-5 ft deeper to 25-26ft deep before it changes again to 6-7 ft. Trout, redfish, sharks, tend to gang up in that hole and when the shrimp start flowing the action is ON. But when that tide makes good current, its hard to stay on spot. Fishing hands free and not worrying with the trolling motor will be so nice.

Back