Looking for a new trolling motor

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T AMBURGEY

Reaction score
I have a 18 feet Ranger 482v and it has a Minn Kota maxxum 1999 model 54 pound thrust.Its started to have issues, but with its age I can"t complain. I want to upgrade. Any tips would be appreciated. Ive got savings just for fishing so price isnt a problem. I really dont want more than 24 volts.

Minn Kota Fortex 80. Awesome motor.

All the best,

Glenn

Thanks again Glenn. This is what I"ve been looking at.

You will love the assist feature to deploy and return the trolling motor. I would have a problem going back to the old grunt and groan.

Todd, I am taking a Minnkota Maxxum 80 off my boat. Nothing wrong with it. Just got a new one for the season. Gonna sell it. Not sure where you are in KY as opposed to Nashville. I'll be at KY lake alot this year.

Teri Im 3 or 4 hours from there. I really appreciate the offer sounds like what Im looking for. What did you end up going with. I kinda like the fortrex with lift assist. I had a motor guide it was so noisey.

I bought an 80lb Fortrex only because the LBAA had one donated by MinnKota and they were selling it as a deal to raise money for LBAA so I bought it since mine was several years old.

I have replaced the board in it about 2 years ago and replaced the top casing when I broke it by pulling on it the wrong way last year. Had it serviced and checked while I was there last year in July. Everything is good on it as far as I know. Has the universal sonar but I didn't use it.

Fortrex 80 without a doubt. Just upgraded from a 43# 12v MG. Man what a difference. Mount is rock solid stable. It has lift assist because it is a beast. Variable control with the maximizer, will make your batteries last all day through the chop. I should have upgraded sooner.

Bill Kyte

02 PT175

Latest posts

Back