Adding A Battery

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Walsh

Reaction score
I have a tracker pro team 175 TF. It came with a 12v 55# maxxum, which does pretty good until the wind starts blowing. I am wanting to switch to a 24v 70# minn Kota powerdrive. The issue is that i need to add another battery for the 24v system and the “battery compartment” is tight. I’m wondering if it’s even possible to get another battery in there. Any tips on placement of another battery would be much appreciated. I’m also installing an 3 bank on board charger. Trying to figure the best place to put that to. Thanks in advance.

I have a tracker pro team 175 TF. It came with a 12v 55# maxxum, which does pretty good until the wind starts blowing. I am wanting to switch to a 24v 70# minn Kota powerdrive. The issue is that i need to add another battery for the 24v system and the “battery compartment” is tight. I’m wondering if it’s even possible to get another battery in there. Any tips on placement of another battery would be much appreciated. I’m also installing an 3 bank on board charger. Trying to figure the best place to put that to. Thanks in advance.
I put my charger on the starboard side of the battery area. Could you put the 3rd battery in the compartment in the front deck? Challenge will be to run the cables. Your boat must be way newer than mine, my trolling motor is 40#, I have a 1998.

Latest posts

Back