Loansharkx

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Lively

Reaction score
What did you ever come up with concerning your inquiry about the 898.

I wish it wasn't so far from Florida, my dealer in Longview, TX has got a good looking one with a new-out-of-the-box 2001 225 opti. for around $28,000. They said it had something wrong with the pinstriping I looked at it and could not see anything, just took their word for it, but anyway they got permission from the factory to put that never used '01 225 opti on it and discount it a lot. It is the non-carpeted version would be great for Florida. That price includes freight and all, I don't know what all was on it didn't pay much attention. KENNY

I stopped by the Bass Pro Shops in Lauderdale and they had just gotten one and it was still covered with the tarp. It looked nice with beige seats and it had no carpeting. I saw in the book that if you order the non skid surface, you will get snap on carpeting. I didn't see the snap on carpeting though. I was told that with a 200 XR6 it would run about $28,200 out the door with a galvanized trailer (you wouldn't want anything else in South Florida) and I would want to fish salt water as well so I prefer a galvanized trailer.

So the deal with a 225 Opti for $28K is seriously discounted. The 898 is VERY nice. I'd love to have one, but would have to sell my 2000 700LX first. I have to admit I have a little sticker shock, but the price is the price.

The non carpeted version with snap on carpets is PERFECT for Florida. Freight, I was told, was $1,100 for S. Florida. They don't seem to want to negotiate much either.

I can't imagine boats are selling all that great to not want to discount at all. I got my 400TX fishfinder and a couple of Rick Clunn reels and 1 Rick Clunn rod tossed into the deal for my 700LX when I bought it.

Back