Just Bought Nitro 911 CDC

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Kocsis

Reaction score
Just bought this boat in Nebraska and pulled it home to Texas on Thursday Night.

Looking for any tips from current/previous owners of this model. Boat is in pretty good shape overall - thinking I will redo the seats (couple of minor tears) and put in new carpet (existing is "ok" - but definitely has that "old carpet" look.)

I have the front livewell that I understand was discontinued on later versions of this boat - heard there was a plumbing issue. Wondering if someone can give me more details on that.

Also - I have a 36V (101 lb.) Minn Kota Maxxum trolling motor on the boat - the front recess is too wide for the Minn Kota pedal - wondering if there is a cleaner solution to this problem than the block of wood currently attached to the bottom of the foot pedal (wood fits into recess and spaces pedal up to level of top deck, but would rather figure out a way to eliminate that or preferably get the recess widened to hold the pedal.)

Wondering about a way to set up storage for Plano 370 boxes - I have some slotted plastic trays that evidently came with boat when new - but would rather have system more like a Skeeter to hold the boxes - wondering if Bass Pro or Cabelas (I have both very close to me) carry something.

Finally - motor on this boat is a 2001 Mercury 225 EFI - anything to watch out for here? Seems to run fine now. I've heard the oil injection pumps can go out on these (ruining the power head) - anything to do to prevent that??

Thanks,

Jim
5Lb5N45M63Ea3Ke3Jfc5i38d8c7dae85717b2.jpg

Meant to say the front recess was too NARROW for Minn Kota foot pedal.

Thanks Bob.

My wife was OK with a new boat to replace our old Fish & Ski (Maxum), but really wanted me to find one with 4 seats, since we have two kids. The 911 CDC boats seemed to be the only ones I could find, but I really like the layout, and this particular boat is definitely a head turner - only one I've seen so far with these colors.

I cut off part of the foot pedal bracket that screws to the deck, to make my MG 106 fit

in the recessed deck...

photobucket-1980-1338070647488.jpg

Regarding the Plano boxes, I was able to find some of the slotted trays on bass cats website and they have a strap around them you can lock into place so there is no movement of the boxes when you're running. Pretty nice.

http://www.basscatstore.com/tackleorganizer.aspx

Thanks guys.

I will look at my Minn Kota pedal more closely. Looked to me that it would need major surgery to fit. The MG install above definitely looks clean.

Bass Cat trays look like they may work out. I'd seen some type of dividers that just mounted to the sides of the storage opening. Tray may have some advantages, I wonder if those have drains in them so that they don't hold water - I guess you could drill drain holes to make sure you didn't build up water in the bottom.

For the trolling motor issue:

http://www.troll-eze.com/

http://www.rodsaver.com/04_trolling/ffmk.html

http://www.comfortroll.com/

There are a bunch of others. I've used the aluminum tray model. I think it was a Troll-Eze. My Triton came with the pedal already recessed and wide enough for my Minn Kota, but if if didn't, or I needed it wider, I would have cut it out and installed one like the model I put in my Cajun bass boat.

All the best,

Glenn

Im assuming the boat is a 2001 since the motor is. I had the same boat (same colors) but an opti on it.

As for the front livewell.....problem here is that its below the waterline. You cannot keep water out of it. In later years they converted this to a cooler. You canot on this boat, but I never wanted to anyway. I liked the fron livewell as a culling well.

The storage question....why do you want dividers? 3700's fit nicely in the two smaller front compartments. On one side I had plastics and the other I had hardbaits. Then the front had additional storage for light items.

It looks like you have a whale tail on the boat....make sure you have the transom vent system....you cant miss it, its a big black hose that runs from the stepped transom to the splash well. There should be a big plug wire tied to the hose fitting on th etop in case the hose fails so you can plug the lower fitting.

LOVE the 911's. Feel free to email me if you have any other questions.

Hey I just bought a 2008 929, its the same color as of yours but my problem is what is the color nobody can tell me?? do u know?

Congrats & welcome aboard. I can make you holders like this. They run more then the store bought units but can be custom sized and can be made to hold any size boxes.

IMG_1092.jpg

Latest posts

Back