Livewell Pump problem(solution)....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Well after a fishin' trip this weekend my livewell pump locked up again on my 2002 185. I had the same problem last summer and cured it by replacing the old pump with the new Rule replacable cartridge pump. Guys...if you have trouble with your 175 or 185 pump replace it with this..you'll be very pleased. Took three minutes to replace the fuse and unclip the cartridge ..clean and replace. Very cool...

TEE

I must have this pump in my '03 Pro-Crappie. Its jammed up twice and blown a fuze each time. Not difficult to work on but I cant see how to get the crud out while you're in the water. Without having lots of water in the boat. I have two livewells and just move to the other till I come out. I've been considering putting a grate/grill/screen in the intake to stop the junk from getting to the impeller. Wonder, has anyone done that? Lots of moss/crud in the water down here in SW Louisiana. I expect this to be a constant problem.

Don't ever remove it while your in the water...your boat will sink!

TEE

P.S.....I don't think a screen would be a good idea because anything that's already in there will not have a way out and will just recurculate all that junk...

TEE

My 2000 PT185 has a screen on the livewell intake at the transom and a screen on the drain hole inside the livewell. With that setup you shouldn't get anything in the pump. At least I haven't yet.
livewell.gif

You have one on your 2000? I'll have to check with Rule and see about gettin' one,,,I didn't on my 2002..go figure.

TEE

Latest posts

Back