Livewell help please.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRUCE Sax

Reaction score
I have a 1990 180tf it is in great shape except I have a leak in the live well. The water overflows into the bilge.I slid the gas tank forward and cannot get to the bottom of the wells. Most of the hoses are dry rotted. I want to change them but cannot figure out how to get to the bottom connections. If I cut out the hoses I will never get them back. Alot of the screws are rusted. Help. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Bruce

check where it meets the deck that is where mine was seperated, I used great stuff insulation to re adhere it and it worked fine.

Thanks Craig. I checked it out yesterday. All my hoses are dryrotted and really need to be replaced. It looks like they built the boat around the livewells.

In my 1991 180TF the livewell connections are accessed through the carpeted panel behind the driver and passenger seats.

If the water is overflowing you need to check for a plugged overflow tube.

There should be no way to pump water in faster than the overflow will let it out.

Frank

Latest posts

Back