live wells in 901

• Thread starter Anotherdink Scott Chambers
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anotherdink Scott Chambers

Reaction score
Okay I know this probably is a stupid question but look at the one asking. Old boat had a manual plug and its not like the levers say closed, open.

how do you get the live wells in the 901 to hold the water?

what configuration should the levers be in? my manual shows the system that is on my bro's boat but not mine, we had a couple crappie in live well and when I pulled boat the water just drained out the back of boat.

Beaware that ALL livewell systems that involve flo-rite components can be accessed on their website.

Different years of Nitros have come with different flo-rite valves, sounds like you had yours on Auto. That means when on plane the valve senses that and turns to recirc, when stopped or fishing the valve says pump fresh water.

When you pull the boat, AND the pump is off the livewell will drain. If you keep the auto switch on, you must have the pump running to hold water.

Hope that helps, if not do a search on flo-rite.

Mini

I turned it off so this probably caused it, so I should leave pump on with valve put to recirc. thanks mini and nice to see Im not the only late nighter. To use to the old hydro, put hand down in water and plug or unplug, easyer on us simple minded people.

I just figured if I had the valve in recirc it would hold water without pump running. learned something new to me

Hey Dink, The controls should be on recirculate and fill! hope that helps Kenny (I went through the same thing)

thanks kenny will give it a try this weekend, will set both up and hope one holds water, especially since its my first club tourney sat. cant wait to show all the guys my boat, sure Ill take some crap (they all drive something other than nitro/tracker) but Im just as proud of mine as they are of their tritons, stratos, ranger,skeeter, cobra's ect. plus mine still has the smell.

Dink, I've riddin' in about all of 'em. We hold our heads up high! We still have gas money! And one of the best rides in the buisness!

ok, here is how I think it works: (based on my 02 901CDX)

You have switches and levers. 2 switches and 2 levers per side.

Top lever(s), left switch(es) is drivers side well.

Bottom lever(s), right switch(es) is passenger side well.

The switches -> 1 is for filling, the other for recircuting/pumpout.

Auto -> means run on the timer(s).

Manual/On -> Means run until turned off.

The Levers ->

Fill/Empty (Top Lever)

1. Fill allows the Livewell to fill when water is pumped in thru the use of the "Fill" switch.

2. Empty allows the livewell to empty thru the transom drains/bilge area. Not affected by the switch.

Recirculate/Pumpout (bottom lever)

1. Recirculate -> causes the water (that is in the livewell)to circulate in the livewell.

2. Pumpout -> Causes the water to be pumped out of the appropriate above water outlet. (you have 1 on each side of the boat).

Obviously, if you intend to recirculate, the switch should be set to auto, if you intend to pumpout, you set it to manual until empty.

When I launch, I allways set mine to "fill" and "recirculate", when I pull out, I always set to "empty" and "pumpout".

Now, if someone could just explain to me how to get the last 2 inches of water out of the livewells I would be happy! Whoevver designed the outlets to be an inch above the bottom should be shot! (same goes for the cooler, can never get either of them dry without a shopvac!)

Boy, Sim, ain't that the truth (your last sentence)!!!

Sim,.....when leaving the ramp,..set the livewell switch to "drain" instead of pump out and it'll drain completely.

as far as the "cooler" goes,.....when I took delivery of my former 901,...it DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A DRAIN HOLE!!how stupid was that??....I took a 1/4" drill bit and drilled a drain hole in the rearward 2 corners of the cooler so it could drain!! I didn't even notice it didn't have drain holes until AFTER I put a lrg. bag of ice in there one of the 1st times i used it, and 2 days later when I went to clean it out,...I had a nice cooler full of water with no place to go!! Imagine my chagrin!!...had to scoop it out with a cup...until i could dry it with a towel...and then I made a bee-line for my tool bench and my drill!!! LOL!!! Some things you just expect to be there.....like a DRAIN HOLE in a cooler!!...ohwell......there's 2 in there now!! LOL

Mac

Mac,

Trust me, I have tried every setting to get the livewell to drain completely. It is physically impossible for it too.

Not only is the pickup an inch high, its also not even in the rear of the livewell.

Or did I get someone's "experiment"?

Latest posts

Back