Linda Colt is no longer working for Lowrance

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini

Reaction score
Just a heads up to all that Linda Colt is no longer working for Navico/Lowrance.

It is a terrible blow to all Lowrance owners and I think I might buy some Humminbird stock....

There are posts on almost all the fishing boards discussing this. Some even have a story from her son regarding the events that led up to this terrible blow to Lowrance.

I was reading those posts last night. I never spoke to her directly but from what i have read if i had i may have had a different experience with i had problems with my 520c. Sounds like she was treated very poorly after a number of years of service to Lowrance.

Like I said... Greg Walters job just got easier

The person I feel sorry for the most is Linda Colt. Reading her son's post, it seems that Linda failed a stress test at her doctors office over this whole affair. Lowrance is the last thing on my mind right now in this situation.

Most importantly of all, I hope Linda Colt's health does not suffer over this, and that she is employed very soon by a company that treats her with the respect and caring that she deserves. Linda was loved by many, the majority of which never met her.

Why does it seem like all the good customer service people with the reputation for taking care of people eventually get pushed out? It's not fair. I personally know of three - all ladies, all extremely professional.

All the best,

Glenn

Assuming the facts presented by her son are accurate, Ms Colt would be well-advised to see a lawyer who works employment issues. While employers have some latitude in opening personal mail, this does not generally extend to fellow employees. Further, an employer would be hard pressed to justify terminating an employee for accepting a gift that in fact was never received. Doing company business on personal time could go either way and may depend on whether or not the prohibition was communicated to her previously. Ms Colt could have been exposing the company to liabilities the company did not want to accept. It is always bad to hear of good people put out on the street, particularly as the result of a manager's poor performance. Hopefully, she will land on her feet.

Have been thinking of going to "bird" but now an sure so long Lowrance hellow BIRD. This made my mind up.:wacko: Hope bird grabs her what an awsome asset Greg & Linda togather.

Marty,

I agree... A visit to a law firm is in order...

Regardless if she meant to not cause extra cost to the company or not by not writing down her actual time worked and only putting down 8 hours when she actually worked more hours is irrelevent. If the company knew she was doing this and she can prove it they are liable for a back pay and a huge fine from the D.O.L. We strictly forbid this practice, even for someone to come in 15 minutes early to make coffee! Bad practice.

Shame too that they can't see the good for the bad.

Good luck Linda!

Randy!

Couple this with the fact that the most prolific angler fishing today just switched to Humminbird and it probably wouldn't be good time to buy Lowrance stock

Wow! :eek:

I just got in to see this. What a blunder for LEI/Navico. :wacko: Linda is a wonderful lady and an astonishing example of an excellent customer service rep. :wub: If Carl were still alive this would all be different, for sure! Darrell's a nice enough guy, but this latest acquisition merger has been the culmination of one debacle after another over the past decade. I'm hoping someone in a similar field that knows Linda will snatch her up, if they're smart. It's a shame when an owner goes from dealing with customers and associates directly (or at least being available to them) to an absentee living off the P&L statement. :(

I've never had dealings with her, as I've always had Humminbirds, but after reading the story at the link Haledamage provided, it sounds to me like yet another dedicated, quality service rep being forced out. Sorry to hear this, and best wishes to Linda and her family.

Navico has a statement about Linda at BassZone.com interesting :wacko:

Agree with all the positive stuff regarding Linda.. she straightened things out for me with one of the problems I had.. This is truly a shame.. Best wishes to Linda with whatever the future may hold..

This is the final nail in the LEI/Navico coffin for me..

I'll be ordering my 997SI this week..

Luke

From Basszone.com

"Here is the official statement from Louis Chemi, Chief Operating Officer for the Americas, Navico:

Standing on your own body parts is painful...

Yes Greg, but impressive!!:lol::lol:

Randy!

Fromm another website... A post from Linda's son:

ALL

I wanted to say thanks on behalf of my mom LINDA.

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the kind words that you have spread about my mom. I had no clue that she had touched so many people. Of course, being her son, I am biased and I think she is wonderful too.

Wanted to let everyone know that this whole situation has gotten the best of her. Last night we had to take her to the hospital with chest pains. They kept her overnight for observation. They said she did not have an attack or stroke, but she had a little irregularity that they wanted to monitor. She is a very healthy lady and will rebound quickly.

I will say that a few people from Lowrance called and wanted to meet with her, but no one on the Corporate Level has made any contact.

I will keep you advised and thanks for the prayers"

We need to stop and say a prayer for Linda... This is a tragedy... Linda devoted her entire career to that company... And, us... I hope Navico/Lowrance is "rewarded" for what has happened...

Yeah an awful lot of "deja vu" here with you Sue... I must say it would be hard to find better than you or Linda at dedication to superb customer service... But, you're a better "stick" so, as the "best that's ever been" you get my knod! :cool:

Here's the latest from Linda herself......

Quote:

Here is Linda's message on the BassZone

First of all THANK YOU ALL so much from the bottom of my heart. I am totally overwhelmed with the response and support you all have given me from all over the world. I am very humble and appeciate it so much. I hope to return every phone message I have received. I am home from the hospital and hopefully will be fine. I have been through a lot the past few weeks. I have a meeting scheduled with Navico tomorrow AM. However I understand no one from corporate will be there, nor have they contacted me personally.

I will certainly let you all know the outcome of the meeting. I certainly hope things can be worked out. I am truly sorry it happened this way. A person can only take so much!!

Thanks again, you all are awsome !!

Linda C!

I think they broke the mold after Linda and Sue D. were made!! The Best of The Best!! :wub:

Next time you call Lowrance:

Hallo, my name is Rajeev. how may I be helping by you?

THAT SUCKS:angry:

There goes the only person at Lowrance/Navico that would get back to you via email within days not months. Terrible!!!

Best of Luck to Linda.

No problem folks....just buy Humminbird's!!...we have GREG here!! LOL

If Navico feels they need to make changes,......their customer's can to!! ;)

Latest posts

Back