Let the Walmart clearance begin...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
Stopped by Wally World in Lawrenceville, GA this evening to buy some toiletries, and of course had to check out the sporting goods.

First, all of the guns are gone. But that's a story for another web site.

Second, there was a minor amount of fishing gear on clearance. It was mostly the packaged assortment kits of lures, and a few inexpensive reels. Nothing to run right out over.

However, they were also clearing out boating supplies, and I picked up a few cleaning chemicals, and 5 gallons of Pennzoil Premium Plus Synthetic Blend TCW3 at $7/gallon, which is a good deal. They also had the 2.5 gallon size for $19, and Wally World Super Tech TCW3 for $5 gallon.

Some boating accessories were also on clearance.

A few years ago, I found a bunch of deals on clearance at WM. I found the Minn-Kota temp sensors, regular price was $16.99 on sale for $2.99, Mann's crankbaits on sale for $1, Gary Yamamoto 10 pack of worms for 50¢, and a bunch of other stuff. I'd stop by the local WM on my way to or from work just to see if they had marked anything else down on clearance.

Our Walmart in the Powell area of Knoxville used to be great. That was before they turned it into a super Walmart. Now that the store is twice as big, the fishing Dept. is a whole lot smaller. About all I ever get there anymore is Gamakatsu hooks and weights.

Steve

Its the same up here in MA as what Ken s has. All the walmarts in my area are good for is a snoopy pole and some salmon eggs, thats about it. They hardly carry any boating stuff and what they do have isnt very good.

I hear about guys buing curado's and nice rods an decent baits at Wal-marts in other parts of the country. Its nott he case here for sure....

Both Walmarts here in Wichita Falls, TX have their sale on! Lot's of stuff too, including all of the FLW line. Bought FLW jigs for $0.75 a piece.

Cass

I scored Good here In Biloxi, got a $70 pair of stainless steal boat buckle tie downs for $30

Steve, I believe all the Walmarts in the Knoxville area are about the same.

The West Knoxville stores are pathetic.

I try to buy everything I need from 1 Limit in Farragut. They have the good stuff we need.

Frank