Leaving the Nitro Clan

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Aasen

Reaction score
Sorry to say, I am selling my Nitro 188. I have been thinking about this for awhile now. We bought a fish and ski thinking it would be a great dual purpose boat (which it is) but the number of times we have gone out skiing is less than 5. We mostly just fish. My wife is really into fishing too so she is understanding. I don't fish tournaments so I may have gone overboard but here is what I got. 2004 Triton Tr-21 DCX with 2004 225 Opti. It has the Bassmaster Classic package and Pinpoint electronics. All the bells and whistles. Going to take awhile to get used to the hotfoot but I drove it yesterday and it was great. Plunked down some cash and now I got to find a home for my Nitro. Would love to keep them both but the house just doesn't have the room and the bank account feels pretty empty too. Anyway, hopefully I can keep hanging out here. I may need driving advice from some of you 9 series drivers.

NoCAL

They let me hang around here,even with a Triton fish and ski. I'm still learning how to drive that thing though. Oh, my Tracker is still sitting at my house, so after my wife tells me for the tenth time Ill see about getting rid of it. Congrats on the new(to you) boat.

Eric, i have some driving advice for you, mash it to the floor! :D

i think you will love the hotfoot.. nice upgrade, i'll be lookin for

you on the delta.. put some pic's in your folder.

NoCAL, Don't leave us brother. I was allowed to stay after I bought a G3

Steve

WoW, what an upgrade Eric. Congratulations. Of course you can and better hang around.

Ok, getting used to the hotfoot. When I had my first one, I was running up and down the river having a ball. When done playing, my brother backed my trailer down for me to drive on. I lined it all up, and wanted to give it a lot of gas because I was fighting wind and current.

So I gave it a lot of throttle, had it perfectly lined up and going on great and when I went to push the brake in, there wasn't any.:wacko: Yep, my mind reasoned that if there was an accelerator there darn sure should be a brake pedal.:eek: Don't tell anyone, ok?

Uncle Billy

i must admit i have felt for the brake pedal on a couple of occasions

:blink:

It took me a while too to get used to it, but I am SOO glad Rich added it before I got it, I would not have another boat without it. It is SOO helpful, I find along with the wheel mounted Pro Trim, not just easy but real helpful when I come up at 50mph on rough water or a barge wake to keep both hands on the wheel slow down and trim down!

Enjoy that Toon, thats quite a fast boat ya ended up with! Good luck selling the 188!

We are a foergiving and understanding family... LOL We still love you even if you have strayed...

they stillm let me hang around and i only own tin, so you should be in like flint.

sounds like a sweet ride.

mike c

Thanks for the encouragement. I am really looking forward to fishing from this boat. It has everything a guy could want. Here is a photo from yesterday. We were at Lake Oroville and that is the previous owner wiping it down after the test ride. A local pro is going to use it to prefish on Wed, and then there are a couple little issues the owner is going to fix and then it's mine. I'm pretty partial to the Toons in generall but I think this one is really pretty. I'm biased though.

small toon.jpg

NoCal

I'm shocked!:eek: but on the other hand I'm not. ;)

I do like my 188 since it works well on the family side but I do long for a pure bass boat rather than a fish-n-ski. The first thing I will do when the kids are grown and out of the house is by a bass boat ... or who knows, maybe sooner. I'm getting bored with 115 HP and it hasn't been cutting it pulling a large tube with larger kids and a few people in the boat.

Sweet ride and good luck!

Paul

2 things you gotta have:

1. A KeelShield (if it doesn't already have a keel protector on it)

2. A gallon of Bass Boat Saver. You'll love the stuff.

TOXIC

Already a big fan of BBS. It is great. I have a Hamby's light duty on my current boat. Can't say it has made much of a difference. All the lakes I fish have courtesy piers to tie up and I've never had to beach the boat. All the same I will probably get one. Will go for a Keelshield this time in black to match the bottom.

NoCAL

You just never know when you'll need the KeelShield.......Like I said in another post, I had to beach my boat at a pretty good clip to get a burned cabin cruiser I was towing to the dock (no room to turn around) and like I've said, you'd be suprized what a stick or branch floating in the water can do to a hull at 60 mph!! Cheap insurance. I actually had a BPS employee in New York tell me he hit a submerged tree at about 50 mph....no damage to the hull, his KeelShield got ripped and he messed up his skeg. He was convinced he would have mashed his hull at that speed. He even had pictures.

TOXIC

I congratulate you Sir,you have deff stepped up in a big big way...Enjoy your new ride...Come join us in the many Triton clubs out here.....

Oh Geeeezzzzz, here we go again. Hey Tim, is that what you're running now? You seem to be spreading your warmth again.

If you don't like Trackers or Nitro's why don't you just go away? Better yet, how about telling me what Triton Forum you're on so I can visit there.:lol:

Uncle Billy

Uncle Billy:D:D:D...No harm here fellow,I am just commenting this guy on his new ride...Where,s the love at?..I havent said anything bad about Trackers or Nitro,s...If i offended you I am sorry....Why are you so uptight?....Go wet some lines for goodness sake...;)

Tim, Tim, Tim, do you think we all just fell off the pickle truck? You haven't offended me nor am I uptight. I just don't know why you are still here! You obviously do not like the brands of boats we come together here to discuss.

"Plus is there anything else i should look for before buying it?" any comments will be helpful. thanx...." Heres a few Triton,Ranger,Stratos,...

How about that last line? That's not a put down of Nitro/Tracker? So, try answering the question, why do you keep coming here? You won't answer and after the last exchanges we had some time ago, I just don't feel like getting into it again.

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back