Last Weekend @ Anna

• Thread starter David Hunt [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/43
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Hunt

Reaction score
Stayed down at Anna for a few days last weekend. The bass were slamming the attached lure (even caught a catfish on it) and the Chameleon 6" Super Salt Zoom lizard. I ran out of the lizards and tried one that was similar to it in color - NO hits at all. All of the bass were in the 12" range. My son had several big strikes. We all saw the bass come up and grab, but he couldn't boat them. I caught the thin fish shown on a Rapala. Is it a pike or pickeral (sp?). I had forgotten how much fun they are to catch. He ripped out of some wood brush and nailed it! What a blast! Water was semi clear and at 70-73 degrees. Caught all fish in less than 4 feet of water. By the way - did I say my dad was visiting from California? It was a blast to fish with him also.... and to have my kids fish with him.

david.....
2004_0504_165911AA.JPG

How many of you can take pictures in your boat without the name Tracker showing up in the photo??

Brian - a freebee is a freebee.

And actually, it is a very comfortable hat.

david....

I have a bassmaster hat with the same logo but it is a camo bill with sort of a dirty white top. Aside form the bill being a little crooked its a very nice hat except I wrecked while grinding on a pice of metal. All of the shaving created a black spot on the side of it.

Shoot Dave thats only a hammer-handle as we call them up here in Michigan. Ill show you a real pike as soon as I can figure out how to resize some pics.

T.S.

It's a Pickrel and if'n you squeeze it a little harder, it'll be 2 pickrel!!LOL

I would say the lizard success was the color.....

TOXIC

I've caught larger pickeral, but have caught any in about 15 years. I still remembe the rush of them shooting out of the weeds in about 3 inches of water and slamming the lure.

Jeez - I didn't think I was squeezing him as tight as it looks in the picture.

david.....

David, That first lure looks like a Cotton Cordell Big-O which I use quite a lot for just about anything. I have about ten that the chrome color is gone from so they are just white:)

The Pickerel you show is what we (my buddies and I) call "snakes" because they are little. I'm searching for a picture of a Pickerel that my brother caught when he was with me a few weeks ago but can't find the darn thing. If I can I'll post it. It was about 4 to 5 pounds and was a heck of a fight. It looks like you had a great day!

Bill

Ok, this is the forst time I've tried to post a picture.

Sooooo, if it doesn't show up here it's in my file library.

It's a really nice pickeral my brother caught while fishing with me.

Bill
pickeral5lb.JPG

Down here in the south, there is no such thing as a nice pickerel!

However, nice fish. Gotta really be careful of the chompers on one that size.

Tex

Latest posts

Back