Lake Memphremagog

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geo F

Reaction score
Booked myself and the boat ballast (wife, but I like her back there better than out of site) two weeks in a cottage on Lake Salem and Lake Memphremagog which is 4 miles away. Its been since 1986 for my last trip up...caught smaalies out of 30 feet of crystal clear water on chug bugs! I'm sure things have changed a little, anyone been there lately or had recent experence?

This two weeker will be the last for a few year as we are opening a biz services store (sign shop, pack and ship, ad specialaties) on Aug 2. Going to hit the lake the last two weeks of July. I got to make this a good trip...its got to last for a few years.

Also have a tourney this sunday on the Mon river south of Pittsburgh...been on some decent number of fish past few days. Hoping to cash a check.

To date I have 62 days on water..(few steelhead days in there) not all full days but am making the most out of the year...until 8/2

George

Memphre is my home lake, I live in Montreal.

Don't forget that on the Quebec side bass season opens on june 18th. Other than that the lake has a lot of smallmouth and there is almost no fishing presure, most people fish for lakers. There are some good largemouth spots also.

I fished there twice last summer on the VT side only. I'm told that the better smallie fishing in on the Canadian side. We fished the railroad bridges for LM. Also decent LM fishing in the grassy area on the south end (I think). It's right near the town of Newport. I didn't get into any smallmouths. Good luck.

Bob G.

Latest posts

Back