Knops Pond Largemouth

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bass Tracker

Reaction score
Went to Knops Pond on Memorial DAy.. Had great weather for the most part and caught another Spawn Bass. 9Lb's LAst week, 6Lb's this week. I am thinking now of doing some tournaments. (not becasue I caught two big bass, but just for something to add to the fun of it). Going to talk to Jim @ the Quick Stop. Does anyone know if I join a club and enter a tournament and I want my buddy to fish the back of the boat, does he aslo have to join or no? Thanks :D

knopsmay281 (Large).JPG

Congratulations on the bass! Knopps is one of my favorite places and I used to fish there every week when I had a kayak versus a boat. You can see one of my largest bass came from there if you check out my library.

Jim's Quik Stop will be able to tell you some of the clubs that are looking for boaters and non-boaters. I am actually heading over there this afternoon.

The club I am in is Cabin Fever Bass. Fishing in a club is very different than fishing on your own though! It really humbles you when you have great fishermen in a club you are competing against. Our new season starts in three more months I think.

I'd suggest you really check out the club you are interested in before joining to make sure the people and kinds of places they fish are in alignment with you. My old club had a rule about not fishing a body of water in consecutive years and I thought that was great. My new one fishes two or three of the same places every year (people who do well on those waters outvote the others) and it kind of gets a little boring but the people are really nice.

I can tell from your picture exactly where you caught that bass! I caught one there on Sunday in the same area but it was only about 1.5 lbs. Nice job. Also noticed your Charlie Moore shirt - he is a pretty entertaining guy even outside of the shows he does.

I might be going up to Lake Winnisquam (NH) on Saturday if it doesn't rain for the smallmouth spawn and to Whitehall (Hopkinton, MA) on Sunday for fun this weekend if you are interested in meeting up there. Let me know and I will firm up the plans by Friday and send info.

Anyone else interested is welcome to meet there once it is firmed up.

Bill, the Mad Kayaker

Nice fish!! looks like you are taking advantage of the early spawn..

as far as clubs go, do some home work. make sure you pick a club that suites your needs, fishing locations and members. some clubs really hard core. if you are looking to share info and learn somethings along they way, be sure that your club plays that way.

if you want to try a couple of tournies fish a couple of opens. it is a good way to get the feel of T without investing in a club.

look into Bubba Bassin. they run 3 trails. one trail is called team Bubba. it is an open trail, no membership fees or meetings. 50.00 per team, pay out is for top 3 teams.

they are having a T at Winnisquam june 17. look them up.

GregD

I see you are from Billerica, i grew up there. what part of town are you in?
http://www.bubbabassin.com/

That's a beautifully colored Bass. Way to go!!

It's amazing that your parents, Mr. & Mrs. Tracker, had the foresite to name you Bass!:lol::lol:

Uncle Billy

Back