Kentucky Lake

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
Any reports on what the bass are doing or should be doing on different parts of Kentucky Lake and Barkley?

Don't need specifics just what they are (should be) doing this time of year like in the mouths of coves, deep ledges, back of coves.:blink:

I have a tourney and just to be able to narrow my search during the two days prefishing would be greatly appreciated.

Not looking for anyone's secrets, just a gently nudge in the right direction!:)

Thanks, Randy!

Velcro we are going out of Kenlake State Park. I have not been to Kentucky lake in several years. My plans to get down there this summer have not panned out. My partner could'nt get there either so we are going in blind. I have read all I could find to date but still it is a huge piece of water. We will not be going into Tennessee if we do not have to. So any help or a direction as to where to start looking this time of year would be greatly appreciated. We will only be able to be there for two days of prefishing as work has restrictions on us. Actually we are lucky my partner can get out at all.

I think others from this site will be there fishing also. So if your going let me know and we can hook up for some pics and cold ones!

Randy!

I just got home from there. It was a tough tough bit. They are at winter pool already ( water levels are low ). When I left the fish were just moving back into the creeks chasing the shad. My fish came from the middle of the creeks 8-12 feet, either befor they moved up after they did. I guess you can find some grass if you go far enough south,but there isn't much to speak of.

good luck

Try this website, it may give you some ideas. It's from the Paris Landing State Park area which is further south than where you are going. There are bass fishing tips in the last half of this report. Hope this may help you some.

http://www.stevemccadams.com/fishing_report.htm

If you want to take a guide out for a day,let me know. I have a friend that has been guiding for 25 years. Great guy and he is almost always on good fish.

Mike would love too but it is against the rules this close to the tourney to use a guide or other professional help!

I was disqualified a few years ago when we got caught on Lake Michigan in 6+ footers and it took us 3.5 hours to get back and we allowed 2.5 hours. Don't want that to happen when I actually have control over it. Thanks though! I actually know Mark Menedez and thought about asking him for some pointers but never contacted him. I need to get more organized.

Thanks for all the input though!

Carl I will look at that tonight! Thanks for the tip!

Randy!

Latest posts

Back