KY Lake Elite

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie Matney

Reaction score
Me and some buddies went to Barkley lake to spend a week fishing. After a couple of so-so days on Barkley we went to KY Lake to try it out. We had 3 boats and seven people in our group and I bet we cought 150 fish total each day. We had a blast! Alot of 4-5 pounders cought not to mention %40 of them where smallmouth.

The BASS tourny started on Wednesday and we watched Randy Howell pull up between two points (there was a local just leaving) and fish the deep ledge between them. He made several casts and finally hooked up on a nice one. He marked his spot with a buoy and caught about 17 more fish in a row. No joke he was catching them every cast! I bet he made a total of 35 casts to that one spot and he must of got 25 out of it. We where the only boat wtaching him he chatted with us a little, kidding us and asking us if we where "ready for another one." We watched him so long that I knew when he was deep enough and he was about ready to swing on one. He was truly a class act.

Donnie

I have been reading all week thay they are catching about 300 fish a day. Some TWO on one cast

The leader Bobby Lane said all his fish are caught within the first hour of fishing.

first day he had his limit on 15 cast and second day on 18 cast something crazy like that... Sure beats Fishing the Tiny lakes of the North East..

Donnie, I am going to be at KY lake for a week starting June 20th. Can you give me some particulars on where these fish are and what they were caught on?

Jimmy

Jimmy we C-Riged Paca Craws and speed craws in green pumpkin. DLN Sexy Shad was the crankbait we threw when we did. We launched from Ken Lake Marina and fished the left side going away from the dam. we never ran anymore than 4 miles from the bridge. Most fish were caught on deeper main lake banks that larger rock. I caught several on a fluke back in the pockets around trees and grass and if there was shade the bite was better. This is my third time on KY and it seemed like you could catch fish anywhere on a bare hook. They say the fish were starting to move to ledges but we never fished them.

TEE I am still lurking and checking in from time to time. I have had a tough past 10 months with this separation thing but ity seems to getting better. Its about time for your trip to Dale right? Full moon is around the corner.

Donnie

Latest posts

Back