JimB

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Duggan

Reaction score
Jim,

got my new rims Friday. Had them mounted and tried to put them on tonight. well, i guess they don't fit 2003 Nitro trailers. The inside of the rim hits the brake caliper clips.

Do you know anybody looking for rims? if so. i would like to sell them and not go through the aggravation of having to ship them back.

GregD

Yea that totally stinks. Its the same size and offset at the steel wheels so i dont know why it wouldnt fit. Mine cleared the brakes with no issue at all.

iwould have use close to 1/2" spacer. Not sure that is the best or safest option.

The rim hits the caliper clips. I slightly modified them and got the rim to set all the way on the studs. But there is only a fraction of an inch between rim and the clip. To close for comfort.

They must have changed the caliper design over the years.

I called C/O and talked tot them about this issue. Theywere not to reseptive to the problem. I am apparantly the only one to have this issue? They need a letter from the shop that mounted the wheels stating that the rims don't fit.

Plus its gonna cost me another 25/30 in shipping fees to get them back to Tenn.

Maybe I will r

Try some fender washers.

Can you take a pic of the clips? I know that are brakes are not the same, you have UFP and i have tiedown but they are very similar. UFP is used on tons of boats and i know there are others that have these same rims on trailers with them.

I will post a pic later today. I am going to try a small shim/spacer on each stud and see how close I am.

I would realy like to use these rims, the old stock rims have looked bad since year 2.

Well i tried the shim/spacer tonight and no luck. It's just to close. So had the rubber put back on the old rims and mounted them back on the trailer.

I will post them in the swap and sell and a couple of local sights.

Check out pics in my library. you can see the two clips that hold the caliper in place in the 1st 2 photos.

third shows the rim in place and where the clips are touching.

GregD

Back