JimB/Mac/Tee

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Duggan

Reaction score
Well guys thanks for the info on fishing deep clear lakes.

the bite was tough as to be expected. 44f air temps and water had dropped 4 degrees in 7 days down to 61f.

tried some top water in the morn then switched over to dragging tubes over a flat and rock point. there was no action anywhere so we picked up and moved to large grass flat just outside of 30+ feet. we found a couple of nice smallies working a good size school of minnows. we started to through white flukes and sluggos. i hooked a nice 2lb smallie and lost him at the boat. that was enough to make me want to toss myself into the lake, i new it wasn't going to take much weight to win the tounry.

we then turned to a spot that JimB gave me. huge boulders in 18' and 30/40 feet around them to the main lake side. i rigged a carolina rig with a 7"watermellon/redfleck lizard.

landed 3 keepers and a short. after the spot shut off we moved to another hump ont he other side of the lake and then back to the grass flat to try anf get the one that got away.

with 1 hr to go i went back to the boulders and landed 1 more on the C rig.

at the weigh in i took 3rd with 4 fishweighing a wopping 5.17lbs.

only 6 out of ten guys weighing in fish. all in all a good day and a lot of confidence in the C rig.

thanks again for the helpfull info.

GregD

When they're deep...heavy metal will get the job done.:lol:

Latest posts

Back