James D.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
Hey James, missed you at Bell Cow yesterday and today. You didn't miss much though. I got skunked both days. The cold front moved in today and just made everything miserable. We knocked off about 10:30 or so. I talked to a lake ranger and he said nobody had caught anything on either lake for several days. But I did have enough faith to buy a year permit.

On a happier note----HOW 'BOUT THEM SOONERS? I haven't been on a better rollercoaster since Six Flags. Now we got to face another season with Nate "The Tackeling Dummy" Hybl. Oh dread!

hello soonerfan,

sorry i missed ya too. went fri. evening and caught 2 (one about 2 1/2 the other 3-4lb). sat. overslept and didn't feel well - i think the rag weeed is starting to bloom. went sunday evening and caught 2 also - 2lb and a little bitty one. Also caught 3 cats the biggest 3 1/2lb sunday night - got caught in the rain on the lake - still dryin out. the water temp is coming down and they might be starting their fall patterns. with this rain and only getting up to 75 sunday and with the first of the week being cool, i think they will start coming in shallow.

sooners - what can ya say? --- SOONER MAGIC! ---

w/white out for the year, it may be a real real real long season. nate is a good drop back passer, but cannot overcome the rush from the defense. the o-line is playin just like last year and not giving him time (they are getting their arse whooped). neither qb has placed the ball well to the receivers. i think the rcvr's are frustrated. on brighter side, works and jones look really good. it was so hot i think the defense got real tired being on the field the whole 2nd half. i bet they'll be working on special teams this week! Nate is going to have to grow a pair if OU is going to contend this year. 3rd sting qb has a broken thumb on throwing hand. i bet they will burn a redshirt. gonna have to do something as nate will get killed. the offense has got to improve as they are asking too much from the defense. at least a couple of easier games are coming up before the big Texas game. havn't looked, but i bet OU drops in the rankings considerably.

Starting the way they ended last year. Can't run & won't throw deep enough. Nate at least can throw the shovel pass. Just need to get Works & Kejuan in the open field a little more. Gonna be another nail biting season.

Sounds like you found the right bass candy. I still can't wait to see to hook into some of those big ol' Bell Cow bass I keep hearing about. What were you fishing with?

Hey, I used to have Hay Fever so bad this time year I couldn't even funtion. Got on Flonase nose spray and Claritin D. Now not even a sniffle.

Stoops has got alot of adjustments to make. He's got to bring on one of the freshmen as soon as the UTEP game I believe, and then as soon as Rawls (sp?) get his thumb out of the cast start a 2 QB offense. Hybl's weakness's are too obvious to any defensive coach making more than $6.50 an hour to miss. He could pull it off it the O-line can work on holding the pocket while he looks for the long route recevers. The running game has GOT to devolop to get the D out of his face. In all my years of football watching I have never seen a QB that will stand in one place and take a sack more than Hybl. We would gain more yards with an intentional grounding strategy but he doesn't think that fast.

i found a couple on some deep (17') offshore timber flippin those yellow senkos texas rigged and the white ones. the 2 i caught sunday were on a real shallow wind blown point (kind of suprised me). i think they are moving around for the fall. i think ya could find some in fall and some in transition and some in summer patterns. some of the other guys caught some really nice ones during the week (5 -6lbers) - i believe one of them. slowly fish the cove at the boat ramp with a senko, tube, or worm flippin in the cover and ya'll get bit cause the water temp is coming down and the shad are moving back in. seem to catch 1-2 fish per hour when they are biting good - but good quality fish. if they are slow, ya might get one every couple of hours. that is a lot of flippin. i hope to go back real soon and i'll give you a call. i look forward to fishin with ya again.

i hear ya gary and soonerfan re: the sooner offense. with that defense they could have had 3 or 4 natl championship seasons. since leach left and went to tx tech, they seem to have lost their offensive guru and identity. although i think mangione did a great job during the champ. season. its hard to have faith in nate since the osu game last yr. it just seems the defenses tee off on us when he is in. 0-lines got to block and give him time to throw the long ball and get some respect - then the shovels, dump passes, and running game will go better. i think they gave up on the runs to early and should have put jones, works, and q in a power set and wear em down like we used to. anyways, they got a great group of kids and hopefully they can find their identity on offense. should be an interesting year that could be real frustrating or very rewarding. hopefully they'll get that o-line figured out and nate can demonstrate why he is at OU. i'm pulling for him.

gary, how's that 912 treatin ya? that is a great looking rig.

Love it. 10" jackplate really help, handling, holeshot & speed. Handles Oolagah great. If you sooners are ever up in the northeast let me know. We can hit Skiatook or Oolagah.

thanks for the invite as that sounds like fun. if you are over here we can wet a line at Bell Cow or Wes Watkins as both these lakes are coming on strong as far as bass fishin goes. maybe we can plan something on a weekend as i would like to see some new water. i possibly may be up to skiatook to look at a used boat at bills marine friday if time allows. how's the fishin at skiatook or oolagah?

Bassin has been slow but with the cool down this weekend it should really start picking up. Bill put my jackplate on for me. He's a good guy. Would have bought a Viper from him if I hadn't found this 912 first.

Latest posts

Back