Jack Plate question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason J.

Reaction score
I will be ordering a new Z7 soon and I am wanting to get a jack plate. My question, is anyone running anything bigger than a 6" jack plate. I was thinking of going with an 8" or possible a 10" manual jack plate.

Also, any suggestions on brand.

i just had a six put on my '11 z7. still tuning it in. i've only raised it a half inch from low set. seems like the six will be enough but not sure yet. i'm new to the boating world, eventhough I have several boating friends, so it's gonna be trial and error for me. will update you on my next move.

Did you get the factory Slide Master, if so, what do you like or dislike about it.

I put a 4" Atlas on my 2011 Z7 with a 150 Pro XS. Gained a couple of mph's. Put an Atlas 4" spacer for a total of 8. The only benefit I really see I can make turns and don't worry about loosing water pressure. The pressure runs up around 20. It also helps in shallow water and loading and unloading.If I had it to go over I would not spend the extra on the jack plate and get a better sonar. Just my 2 cents worth.

I put a pro hi-jacker on my z7. all i can say at this moment is that its easy to adjust and levels out easy. my boat ran 63 before and hope to get 66 after i get it tweaked in. maybe then, i can play with some different props to get a little more. i am also open to any suggestions that may help. is 70 mph unreallistic for a 150 pro xs powered z7????

To take a lot of the guess work and over estimating of speed, I suggest a preliminary check with known data on prop slip and boat speed calculators that I've linked below. Caution, it may be a heart breaker or BS buster in many cases. ;)
http://www.go-fast.com/prop_slip.htm

I checked the site out. its pretty interesting. i like the numbers i came up with.my boat should run 65 according to the calculations. BUT, you can only calculate what the boat weight, prop, and motor will do without the extras .it has nothing to do with hull designs or jack plates so the site only gives you a starting point. so for now, im not heart broken nor busted!!!!!

Latest posts

Back