It's time.....I guess

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene B

Reaction score
I took the boat out Saturday morning. It was 28 degrees here in central Michigan. Driving to the lake there is one small area on the east end of the lake that you can see the water from the road before you get to the ramp on the west end. I saw open water! Sweet!! I crested the hill to the ramp and went "Oh crap" The lake was 80% froze over. There was about a 1/4" of ice. I went ahead and launched and did my ice breaker imitation down to the east end and the little bit of open water which is where I wanted to fish anyway. I caught a lot of panfish but not many keepers. I did get a 13" bass on a wax worm. LOL

By the time I left in the late afternoon the ice had almost all melted. I guess It's time to put her to bed for the next 4 months. :(

Gene

Looks like you sure made the best of it. But having to put it up for the winter, man that stinks.

It's too bad this time comes each year. I grew up in Cleveland and hated being out of commission for months each year. When I retired out of the Marine Corps, I relocate to San Antonio just so I would not have to go through that anymore. I feel for you.

We can have the NSM on the hot side all winter so come on down! Water temps still in the 60s and never below 50 in the dead of winter. It's a long drive down Gene but you can join us for the next NSM right after the New Year!

I saw the geese, not intelligent enough to have already headed south, WALKING across the water on Saturday.

(North Indiana)

5-day forecast has snow in it 4 days. go ahead and say it.

Gene, ya big sissy!!:lol: C'mon back down. You can stay at my crib and go to the next NSM. They are a hoot. My wife and daughter go sking in the winter, I go FISHING!!:lol:

TOXIC

I hope to do that again. :) That was awesome and strange at the same time. Catching fish that were twice as warm as the air temp. :wub: I had a great time.

Gene

That's why I'm in GA.. You can fish all year long. We had a tourney and at safelight it was 16deg. and than at the end it was 50deg. Got to love it.

Dan

Back