It's a sad day for me......

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Jones

Reaction score
Hey guys,

The day I was dreading has finally come.......

Due to continuing health problems, I have to sell my 1994 170TF Nitro and my 1965 Ford Mustang.

Not my two babies, tell me it ain't really happening!

Damn my genetic pool!! My doctor told me all I got out of my genetic pool was the SCUM! I believe him now!! Oh well, play the hand that's dealt you and go on, that's what I say.

Anyway, back to my babies....they need a good new home and someone to continue taking care of them. Both are in mint condition and are on the Swap and Sell board. I'm not in any need to sell quickly or anything like that, but it just has to be done.

I hate these kind of days!!!

Tom

Tom,

That sucks! If my truck were paid off, I would be driving down this weekend for the mustang!

Rich D

Sorry to hear that Tom... that 1965 has been a dream of mine for years....

I am sorry to hear about this Tom.

The most important thing at this point is your health. Is this something that you can recover from, as in get your toys back at a later date?

Bill

Damn, Tom...........

I'm so sorry............

As you know from our conversations, you and I grew up swimming in some of the same gene pools..... Damn the inbreeding..... You'd think I would know what to say - but I don't..........

Damn, Tom............

I'm so sorry.............

:(

me

Tom,

Sorry to hear about your health problems....but taking care of yourself is more important than a boat and a car. You can always get another boat later....maybe you can find a way to keep the Mustang or let someone "borrow" it for a while.

Bob G.

Thanks guys.... my long bout with diabetes is catching up to me. All the side effects are in place now and I've got end-stage renal failure. Not much hope for getting better, but maybe a few years left.

Thanks again all!

Tom

Tom,

Wow, I didn't realize it was quite so serious. I am hoping for the best!

Rich D

Tom, very sorry to hear this. My best wishes for your health.

Sorry to hear that Tom. Where do you stand with dialysis or transplant?

Sam,

Not yet on dialysis. They have me on some new meds to try to delay that as long as possible. Transplant is possible after I start dialysis. I've already been screened for the transplant process to begin at Vanderbilt.

Let your friends know I selling if anyone knows of an intested party.

Thanks everyone!

Tom

Darn Tom.. Concentrate on getting well.. You can always get another boat and car.. I'm sending good wishes over the airways..

Bill

God bless you and speed you to a rapid recovery. Toys are just toys. The joy of life is priceless! We're pulling/praying for you!!

Tom,

Now I am going to have to move to Nashville to come and take your butt fishing. I finally find a fishing buddy and he tells me he's only got a few years. WTF!

You better take extra good care of yourself young man. Doctor's can be wrong. I will say a prayer for you and hope for your recovery. Heck, I might even pray for a Titans win over the Colts this year, just for you. :)

Teri

Tom,

Staci and I are also diabetic... So, if you need an ear... my e-mail is available and so is the phone... 847-651-3843 24/7 and I know Staci would do the same...

Mine has caused me to retire from tournament fishing as of this year so I know how the battle goes over time...

Tom..All the best..I can really understand..I have been there..JR

Tom, I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way,,,,,,,

LIVE EVERY DAY LIKE IT'S YOUR LAST ONE!

Good luck in your fight, and we're praying for you.

Bruce and Cathy Moore

Tom -

Greg's right. Mine is 618-288-5041.

I've got "almost unlimited" long distance so I'll insist that you allow me to call you back if you do call.

me!

Thanks everyone!

As far as I'm concerned...

Heaven Can Wait!

I'm not giving up yet!!

Just can't go fishing by myself anymore and the boat's not getting much use. Teri might have to take me?!?

GO TITANS!

Tom

Tom, I will be in Nashville at the end of the week for a company visit. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tom - NOOOOO. Can't your Dad hang on to the Nitro for you? There is always a bed, beer and a boat in Altanta for you to enjoy.

Keep us up to speed on your progress.

Trep

Latest posts

Back