Sad day for me today, 882 is gone

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Corson

Reaction score
As some of you may know, over the past year or so, as like so many of you out there, my wife and i are having financial difficulty. I had my boat up for sale and with the economy, no solid bites. Well about 2 weeks ago, i called the lienholder and told them to come get the boat. My wife and i decided we'd be better off down the road as we decided to also let my '03 Silverado go back as well ($440.00 a Mo.). Between the boat,Truck and insurances, we'll be freeing up approx $800 a month. I am taking over payments on my wifes '02 Chevy Avalanche and where she travels about 40 miles round trip to work and back, we picked up an '02 Subaru Legacy AWD for her. Better on gas, and i don't travel far so the Avalanche will work fine for me and i always wanted the 4 doors and the 5.3L engine and the Av has both and a way better ride to boot. The Av will haul our enclosed sled trailer with ease and in a couple years, we'll pick up a $3,000.00 Aluminum Bass Tracker flat bottom boat that will suit our fishing needs. Yes, the 882 was an awesome boat but now that i'm not doing the tournaments, i don't need the big fancy boat that gets from point A to point B in 2.5 seconds. I have a few things to sell if anyones interested. I have brand new PT 2X4's for the bunks (4 @ 6.5' & 2 @ 4.5' long). 4 of the 6 are carpeted (2- 6.5' & 2- 4.5'), the other 2 6.5' are not carpeted. I did them myself so their not perfect but who's gonna see them anyways. $50.00 takes all 6, and i spent $40.00 in the carpet kits alone. These were to be for my 882 trailer. One of the 4.5' 2X4's are cut short as i messed up on the measurement but i believe it will still work just fine. I also have a fixed pedestal seat with the snap lock for the 1.77" base. Its gray and Blue, very good condition, $50.00 for that, I have the original Nitro cover in ok condition, has pine pitch and stains on it and 1 small tear which has been patched and its on the side so not a threat to leak. $75.00 for that. I have a like new motor cover as well. The other items are listed in the for sale forum. So anyways, my baby is gone but not forgotten. Let me know if you're interested in any of the items i have. Prices are maybe a little bit negotiable but not a lot. Jim

Jim,

I certainly understand where you are coming from, for my wife and I did similar with the home that we had on Lake Palestine. I'm certainly encouraged by the fact that you and your wife made positive decisions based upon your situation, rather than simply sitting by and letting it fall down on you.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Tex

Sorry this happened. Look forward to new beginnings.

I know exactually where you are coming from Jim. I sold my 03-898 about a month ago. Times are tough everywhere.It will get better.

Damn, I'm so sorry Jim. I haven't been hanging around that much lately and feel as if a lot is slipping by me.. I'm sorry the 882 is gone but I have all the hope in the world that you'll be on your way way to getting back on your feet. So Nancy and I are adding you to our prayer list and also sending along the best of wishes we can Jim! We just want whatever is best for you my friend.. Good luck!!!!

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back