Installing Glide Sticks

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malcolm Smoot

Reaction score
Are there any special concerns when installing these glide sticks on the trailer?? (Other than not removing the winch straps until boat is in the water). Instructions say to install one down the middle of each trailer bunk. (By the way, the boat is a Targa 19 - glass boat with 1500 weight and motor weight of 497). Any help would be appreciated!!!

not sure if you want them on there.how wide are they?as wide as your bunks now?length?if installed,i feel they will put a strain on the hull in a smaller area than the bunks.i basically have the same boat as you and dont have any problems unloading it even on shallow ramps.the trick is dish soap on the bunks when loading.i also put wd40 and spray teflon on them.they all work good.ive heard of a stuff called liquid rollers or something like that.in the 8+ yrs ive had bunk style trailers,never had a problem.

Mal:

I briefly looked at installing these. I don't think there are any concerns about installing them, but I would run my hand along them periodically as they get use to make sure the screws aren't sticking up above the top of the stick. My biggest concern is that, as they wear (or if the screws begin to back out of the bunk) that the screw head will scratch and tear the hull of your boat. Make sure the screws are in tight and well below the glide surface of each stick.

To resolve magna19's concern, you could buy another set and install them like railroad tracks, in twos and parallel. Hope this helps.

MO

Don't use them... I put on a set on E-Z slide and with in two months it started taking the paint off the bottom of the boat, 2001 targa 17. Just get some Pam ,works great...

Mal, I saw some "liquid slicks" spray compund in Boaters World last night. I can get you the phone # and item # is you like. Don't remember the price. But it said that it works for several launches per application and leaves no streaks or residue. I can only imagine that it is some sort of silicone spray. Let me know if you want the info.

Latest posts

Back