Nitro Z18 2020 with 175hp talons installed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Beal

Reaction score
I recently installed 10’ talons on my Z18 after much discussion and back and forth on Raptors or Talons, aside from choosing the talons, I was concerned about the performance of the boat with the extra weight and I can say after some time on the water, my hole shot did not change much at all and the top speed maybe 1-2 mph which is unnoticeable at all. The boat sits about 3/4“ lower in the water but really no change in performance.

I chose talons for the 10’ capabilities and having a ability to fish off the back when not using them because they are much shorter, only 8” taller than the motor so a passenger can still easily fish off the back, the raptors are much much taller when not in use. I also like the idea of the tilt bracket for ease of getting it into the garage.

hope this helps those going back and forth and worrying about performance.

Really happy with the choice. EEFA5195-DC69-4E7A-A501-A432684BDEB9.jpeg589EE804-2A5B-4F1F-A29C-DFC46C88579B.jpeg

With the brackets coming off the jackplate what setback and rise did you use? What jackplate you running?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back