in line filter

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Clayton

Reaction score
? for bob....90 2 stroke Merc....where is the best place to put an in line gas filter, before the primer bulb or after it....

Thanks

There should be one {from the factory} between the fuel pump and carb. Are you asking to install another?

I would like to know as well cuz mine hasn't been replaced since I bought it in 02':huh: I also plan on replacing the line and bulb...although mine usually always gets non-ethanol gas.

Should I stick with a Merc filter or something else?

Mike...take the cover off and it's on the passenger side, you'll see it.

If you guys are asking about the water-sep fuel filter, I always install in this order:

1.TANK TO

2.WATER SEPARATOR TO

3.PRIMER BULB TO

4.MOTOR

;)

Thanks for the quick reply's I should have been a little clearer, yes talking about a water/filter

separator or even if it's needed....had one on a saltwater boat while in the Bahamas but water over there was very common in marine gas pumps...and thanks Bob for the order as that's the way it was in the saltwater boat...and Tee thanks I have changed that filter one time back in 2009

Mike

Yes, the separator is indeed "recommended".....be sure you have serviced your pulse fuel pump, and the anti-siphon valve if equipped.

Back