I'll Probably be Sorry but...........

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of my soon to be Florida residence. I have not been home in over 2 months and leave next week for another "assignment" but I have been scouring the real estate market here and battling with Realtor's and home owners. I have finally found a place to call home here. You have to be willing to really put in the time to find truly a good deal.

Here is a pic of the living room looking out to the pool and the St. Johns river. The owner has probably $20,000 worth of original Persian rugs (he is a surgeon from Iran) that he is leaving in the house for me.

Florida House 008.sm.jpg

Here is a shot of the pool and my dock on the St. Johns river with 2 boat lifts.

Florida House 009sm.jpg

Finally a shot looking back to the front of the house. There is a functioning green house off to the side.

Florida House 011sm.jpg

So,.........all of you norfers that need to thaw out in the cold winter months, c'mon down!! I don't know when I will be able to get the boat down here but at least I have the option when the time arrives. The wife and daughter are coming down for Thanksgiving and I will be going home for Christmas for a couple of weeks. I have a lot of cleaning to do and I need to work on the pool but this is a great place. Oh and I almost forgot, sitting out back, all grown over in the weeds, covered in pine needles is a mid 70's Corvette. I talked to the owner and he is willing to sell it to me cheap...:eek: It's been sitting for 2 years but it was running when his son parked it. Might be a nice project car for my son and I if I can get it cheap enough. The Florida sun has ravaged it. I'll get some pics of it next time I am out there.

TOXIC

Toxic, sometimes you gotta take one for the team. Thanks for being there for all of us. Nice place!

nice house toxic,

as for the corvette, be careful, fiberglass does not like the sun that much, if its in real bad shape i might pass. mid 70's vettes are cheap, you can buy a great one for almost nothing.

mike c

But......but..........but........there's no bass in your back yard.

Congratulations......looks great.

See Ya Soon Hammer. Really Nice place .. You will like the river great fishing there,You can go all the way to Okeechobee.....JR

Congrats Hammer, Enjoy that weather down there. Ill be north of Tampa in Dec sometime.

Mark

No doubt about it... looks like fantastic walleye water... I'll need a couple of trips to strain out the bad locations and techniques, but I'll get r done!!!;)

Sweet pad and location!! You'll love the fishing!!!! There are some cherry deals to be found out there and you definitely deserve it. I can't see how you could ever regret it, all things considered. I hope you get the time you want to explore it all thoroughly and have some adventures with your boy. It looks wonderful!! Congratulations! :D

Cool deal Tox. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Gene

Congrats on the really nice location and home. I hope you enjoy it. I didn't get the full skinny on what is going on with you. What prompted the move to Florida? Job promotion?

All the best,

Glenn

Make sure you get the chlorine out of the pool water before you test lures. It ruins you line. Are you in St. Johns County?

fatrap

Glen: Yes, a promotion but more like an offer I couldn't refuse. Deanna and Lauren are staying in Virginia. Their first trip down will be for Thanksgiving. I signed the lease Friday. My son is moving down from Nebraska at the end of November or the 1st of December.

Mini: Whenever you are ready brother, I just don't have my boat here.

Mike: Sorry man, the pool is for human soaking!! I am in Duval county.

I thought I'd post a pic of my Landlord's house that is next door....this is the back of his house, I feel like I live in his tool shed!!:lol: This is about 1/3 of his house.

Florida House 003sm.jpg

Congratulations Scott (I guess).. So are you buying that place or renting it? You mentioned your 'landlord' and you know how easy I get confused:huh: Is this the Jacksonville area? I really like it around there. That house looks great..

Are you going to be able to fish in this years "Not So Memorial" for probably the last time?

Uncle Billy

Unc,

Just me and the boy here. I am renting. The family is staying in Virginia and we are flip-flopping back and forth. I will be home the week of Christmas until after new years so, if we have the Not So Memorial in that time frame I will be able to attend. How about we have it at my house!!:lol:

TOXIC

Tox,

I might be headed to Fla between Xmas and NewYears....

I will probably be onthe other side of the state though (Tampa/St Pete)

Rats man, I hope to be in VA. If I'm not, the wife will shoot me!! I have not been home in months. They are coming down for Thanksgiving and I am going there for Christmas.

If you are flying, Tampa/St Pete is too far from me. If you drive it, you could come right through JAX.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back