Ice Chest under Pass. seat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Craft

Reaction score
How many use the area under the passensger seat as an ice chest? I have a 00' 882 and was looking at this particular area. I remember seeing in some pictures that it can, and was designed, to be a ice chest. Okay, my next question is, how do you drain the water from it? If I were to drill a hole in the bottom would the water go to the bilge area?

Yes it would. I would suggest a hole and removable plug.

Easy job and you can get the plugs at most hardware stores.

Mini

on my 882 that area was designed as an ice chest. i have a 2000 year. on mine there is a small drain hole in the bottom of the cooler. It has a little rubber grommet on it and it drains into the bilge. i would bet yours is setup this way as well. The hole isnt big mabys a quarter of an inch, you really dont need more then that. As a coller it works fine. i can fit all the soda, water and food i need in there for two people and a couple of bags of ice. It stays cold all day long even on 90+ days

My 03 882 also has ice Cooler under pass seat and has drain holes already there , take a xcloser look cant imagin they would leave them out

I have a 97 884 Savage that had a Ice Chest already built in. Used it once. I use mine for my SpinnerBait boxes. I would hate to have a soda or something else spill in that area and have it gum up the Pumps in time.

Max

Latest posts

Back