Bundle of rope behind ski hold?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ditchpickle98

Reaction score
Weird question for you guys...

So I noticed my ski hold wasn't draining water very quickly (I had to hose out a 2-stroke oil mishap... Never trust a Pennzoil container not to leak), and upon further inspection I noticed what appears to be a wrapped up bundle of dock line or similar sized rope behind the drainage hole in the back of the compartment... Is that supposed to be there? Is there anyway to get it out?

It appears to be located directly underneath the under-bench cooler area. It's not a random tangle either, it's tightly wound up like how the bundles are in the store. No idea how someone could've gotten it in there.

Ps; this is a 2005 Nitro 189. I can try to provide more pictures of necessary.
PXL_20220619_232203134.jpg

Saw something similar in the bow of my Nitro. Rope was glassed in with a loop protruding. Thought it might be for removing the hull from the mold, but I don't know if it was in the bottom or top section. Maybe it was used to position or lift the sections when the top and bottom were put together. Maybe when they were done with yours, the rest of the rope was glassed over. Maybe the loop was pushed back into the hole. Just a thought.

beginning to think qc for nitros is a myth while trying to find and replace through hull transducer i found an empty plastic gallon jug the only possible it could have gotten there was to be thrown there before the top and bottom hulls were joined.???

beginning to think qc for nitros is a myth while trying to find and replace through hull transducer i found an empty plastic gallon jug the only possible it could have gotten there was to be thrown there before the top and bottom hulls were joined.???

Lol, I think I agree. Only way this thing could've gotten in there is if it was placed before the ski hold was glassed up, or the under bench cooler was put in...

Oh well, whatever. Maybe I'll try to cut it and pull it out. I need a laproscopy kit, lol.

Latest posts

Back