I could use some positive thoughts...- UPDATED!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
As some of you may recall... after many years without a dog... my wife gave me a beagle puupy for Christmas in 2008. That dog has become a very important part of our family.

When we returned from our vacation we discovered that a small lump we thought was caused by her last round of annual shots (three weeks ago) had grown. She is having surgery tomorrow morning to have it removed and tested. Vet couldn't or wouldn't say what it was, so obviously I am very nervous.

Just keep Samantha in your thoughts tomorrow. She is such a great dog I don't want anything bad to happen to her. Thanks.

You got it Greg,

I had a beagle and they are great dogs!

Randy

Sorry to hear about her trouble, sounds like it could be an abscess from the shot which wouldn't be a problem. let us know how she makes out. Positive thoughts.

Greg, you have always been there when I needed help. Prayers sent .

Bubby

Practically broke my heart to drop her off and just leave... Won't know anything till after 2:00pm and then 5-6 more days before the test results are back...

I feel for you Greg and I hope she is just fine. I have a beagle/cocker mix named Samantha and I would be just as concerned for her. I have had a couple different dogs with funky growths that have turned out to be benign tumors that the vet said you can just leave alone unless they bother the dogs movement. Hopefully it is nothing more than one of those. Let us know how she is doing.

Sorry to hear that Greg. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Samantha. I had to say "goodbye" to my beloved Ridgeback in February after 11 great years, so I know all too well the heartache and anxiety you and your family are feeling. Keep us posted...

TJ

Well, she did fine through the surgery... But, of course, the Vet is not saying anything about the tumor. That scares me. I hope she is just being cautious/conservative in her approach. I get to pick her up in an hour.

It's been a long day. Three kids and nothing like this. Never had anything more serious than stitches for a fall in the garage with any of them. Funny how an animal, pet, can become so important, but she is.

Glad surgery went well:) Gotta love those dogs:wub: The vet should not tell you

anything until the test results are back, or I would not go back to that vet.:wacko:

Keep up the positive vibe and know prayers are on the way for you and your best friend.

Positive thoughts and prayers sent.They do become family.I know my 2 are my kids.

Hope for the best

I'm hoping all turns out well with your pup. They're furry family and deserve the concern. Good vibes heading out your way! ;)

Just brought her home... My daughter's dog who has lived here with us for two years now is Sam's constant companion. Right now they are curled up together on the couch. My wife is petting them both. Sam was just a little woozy on her feet... So keeping her calm is a priority. Thanks for all the support. I'll let everyone know what I find out in a week to 10 days...

Hang in there Greg, Hopefully you'll get some good news Thurs and you can get back to just plain ole enjoying your companion.

Hoping she's o.k.! Beagle's are my favorite. I currently have 1 and a half beagles.

Praying for quick recovery and good news from vet Greg!

Our best to your family and the pooch brutha! We pray all will turn out well, keep the faith :D

JP

good luck and prayers to you and your family!!!

Results came back negative for cancer or anything else of seriouis concern. Her stitches can come out Friday or Monday. She is sleeping better and not trying to lick or pull at the stitches at all.

Vet said it could have been caused by any "injury". Certainly, her shots could have triggered the tumor.

I am just very relieved that she will be just fine.

Thanks for all the support and positive thoughts for her, and for us.

When her hair grows back I'll post a new picture. She needs a few weeks to look her best.

Greg, glad to read that she's ok.

I had a Beagle named Samantha when I was a teenager. :)

Well Rich, that makes us even...sort of... My wife says I act like I am still 12... She is a real "poppa's girl"... She is glued to me almost all the time... Except, in the evening when she sits in Joanne's lap while she watches TV (Joanne watches...Samantha sleeps).