Latest update on my Brother in-law

• Thread starter Rich D [URL]http://www.friendsofruss.com[/URL]
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich D

Reaction score
Hi All!

Below is the text from my sister's latest update. They have rescheduled back surgery, to repair a ruptured disc, several times, but it looks like it will finally go on. He wasn't being fed much because he was getting sick and they weren't sure if it was the pain medication or something else.

"Hi - Russ is scheduled for surgery tomorrow around 11:30. His sodium level and blood levels are all back up to par. And yes.. He is finally being fed again. He did spit up a bit while we were down there for lunch so they stopped it. However, the nurse reassured me she will restart it once his stomach settles down.

Russ is still very alert. He is even starting to laugh. Not out loud more like a very long smile/chuckle. But you definitely know it's a laugh. My girlfriend Lynne was visiting Russ at lunchtime with me telling him how he needs to get better because the house and kids are going to **** since he has not been around. She was saying the dishes are probably piled in the sink a mile high, dirty laundry piled every where, animals and kids running freely and he was chuckling and agreeing with her. Patty O and Cindy S visited with him Friday evening and they told me he was making them laugh also. Last night he put on Sandy's mother in laws glasses and smiled for the camera. He is being quite the comedian lately. He would smile before if you told him to but more and more it seems he is doing things appropriate to the situation/conversation.

The doctors did say Russ will be in a lot of pain after the surgery but they will keep him comfortable. As long as everything goes well and accordingly Russ should be able to start sitting up 2 to 3 days after the surgery and standing shortly after. I feel Russ is going to move in great strides once he is through this surgery. I look at him now so malnourished and in pain and he is so in there, wanting to get better and to help himself. I know we still have a long road ahead but he has proven time and time again he is a survivor."

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers!

Keep an eye on the link below for changes in the next week or so!

http://www.friendsofruss.com

Rich,

Thanks for the update... We continue to keep him in our prayers and thoughts...

Excellent news, Rich!

I've got a short memory..... How long has all this been going on?

me!

Me!

This started on June 24th. He was just finishing putting up some siding for the day when the scaffolding shifted. The scaffolding was on a roof and he was working on the 2nd story of the house. He hit his head on the first roof and knocked himself out. Then he fell to the driveway below. Had he been conscious, the injuries would probably be less severe.

Rich D

Happy to hear he's making steady progress. Remind him that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Harpo

Great news Rich, keep us up to speed!

GRRRRRREAT NEWS MY BROTHER....TELL SIS TO HANG IN THERE...YOU GUYS GOT ALOTTA FRIEND ON THIS SITE!

Latest posts

Back