I am back from Lake Champlain 5/4-5/6

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete hanford2

Reaction score
I fished with Steven Flint who is a good friend of mine and also he guides on Lake Champlain.We launched out of Rouses Point.We ran to the vermont side and the smallies that was active from anywhere from 6 to 13 ft of water.They were pre spawn smallies and full of energy.Thursday we caught approx 20 tween the two of us.Fri we caught approx 50,Saturday we caught approx 40.Most of the smallies and the big 5 1/4 lb greenie was caught on Jerkbaits,tubes and some Mad Toms and Sweet P from case plastics.I had a blast.I had quite a few smallies over 3 and 4 lb.2 smallies over 5 lb and 1 pigbeast of a smallie over 6 lb.There had to be chop on the water for the smallies to be active.We had a bad rain and wind storm come on us and we ran to the new york side to chase northerns for a while till the wind settled and we ran back to the vermont side to pound smallies again till we got blown off the lake.When there was no wind,very few smallies was caught on tubes making long casts in the clear water.The water clarity was like 10 ft or more in some places.I would like to post some pics of the smallies but dont know how.Any help will be appreciated

thanks.

Latest posts

Back