Humminbird Software Update

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humminbird Greg

Reaction score
For those of you with Humminbird units; new software was released for many of the 700 and 900 series units. Please check the Humminbird web site for your particular model (too many to list individually). Remember that you have to register your unit first to get the free software updates first. If you have problems when registering your unit, downloading or installing your software update; please call our Customer Resource folks at 1-800-633-1468.

Here is some of what the software update may include for your unit (varies according to unit model):

Improves Snapshot and Recording View. Stores screen snapshots as .png files, increasing speed and memory card capacity. Adds the current depth to sonar recordings. Creates a separate, rewindable current track during sonar recording playback. Decreases 200kHz reverberation noise in 83kHz beam. Improves Continuous Navigation Mode functionality. Improves SD card access speed. The current track is saved even if power is lost. Shows Snapshot Thumbnails on the chart. Declutters waypoints on the chart. Increases the Shaded Depth range to 180ft. Updated Navionics Presentation Library: Enables Portuguese seabed chart features. Improves Platinum 3D rendering. Improves InterLink stability. Disables Input Voltage Low warning. Disables WAAS integrity checking, which caused loss of GPS fix outside the US. Fixes various cosmetic and minor operational defects.

Greg Walters at Humminbird

Thanks Greg - I will check the site. I am hoping this works with the original 947C and 987C? You helped me several years ago when I purchased them. The big thing for me will be disabling the input voltage low warning.

Also - I just purchased the interlink to put both units together to share the data and waypoints. Are there better diagrams or info on how to cable them together than what came out of the box? I spliced the two GPS cables together to share the GPS a long time ago and I am having a hard time making heads or tails of the current instructions based on what I did and didn't know if I needed to get new cables because of the splicing I did. You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks again for the info - Bill, the Madkayaker

Yes the 947c 3D and 987c Si units were included in this software update.

I'll e-mail you directly as I have several better diagrams of how the InterLink should be connected.

Greg Walters at Humminbird

Latest posts

Back