Humminbird Problems 2

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Lyons

Reaction score
Read the other post regarding h-bird's. Carlo's, good job, my compliments on helping your friends!!!

Here is what I'm up against, I have 2 units on the boat, a wide 100 on the bow that can use the original sender that is glued to the bottom (thru-hull) or the ducer on the trolling motor. I also have a wide view 3d, This one has three ducers attached and the switch to select 2 of the 3,ducers, one is for the side looking sonar, the other is the 6 beam for the wide 3d function The third is the temp/speed sender.

The 3d unit will come on and work for about 4 seconds, then dim out so you have to cover the screen to look at it. But, works! you can see the display in the dim screen if you look REAL hard and close! I have checked the voltages at the connector and have 13.8 volts. Swapped out the front and back units after removing the ducers cables to see if I had mount/other problems, both units work exactly the same way in either mount. I.E. the 3d unit is defective. good voltages at both mounts.

Sent an email to h-bird, no reply by mail, so I called just before this thread was written, They do not support that version of 3d any more and will send out information on what I could replace it with. I asked what the 3d Paramount cost and did it use the same ducers. Answer, NO longer available, some still in stock and, NO it won't use the same ducers.

I asked if I could trade in all 5 ducers and both units for another single unit so I could reduce the wiring etc. on the boat. "No sir, only one unit for one".

Guess that means my boat will be reconfigured to the lesser of the 2 sonars, and not purchase another one to replace the present defective one. Ths cost of ducers and mounting everything all over again doesn't agree with me.

It appears that I lost this one..

Really liked the 3d function, it showed the drop offs really well.

Any suggestions on upgrades??? I recently asked for and received a Lowrance catalog....??

Depends on what you want to spend. I just bought the Matrix 37 (See other threads) and I really like it.

Another option would be to go with the 400TX that is being blown out by Bass Pro for about $120 tops. It's a tri beam and you can use the same xducer for the Matrix units if you upgrade down the road.

I know there are a lot of Lowrance fans out there, but I'm just not one of 'em. I've used 'em and my buddy gave me his when he sold his bass boat, but I soon got rid of it. I didn't like it at all and preferred to have a Humminbird 300TX at the bow. Now the 400TX is at the bow on my boat and the Matrix is at the console.

Latest posts

Back