Humminbird 998SI

• Thread starter Aroldo Hernandez
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aroldo Hernandez

Reaction score
I have a humminbird 998SI that i want to install it on a fortrex troller. What transducer do i need for the side imaging? I dont want to use the big transducer that comes with the unit.

ace, not sure you have any choices. I did a quick scan of Humminbird's website and did not see any options. I have one mounted on my trolling motor, it is a beast. I used a mount from Transducer Shield and Saver.

WayneP may be able to help.

There is a trolling motor version of the same standard transom mount transducer that we package with the 998c Si units but it is really the same transducer just packaged with different hardware. It is a beast and many are using the TS&S adapter bracket that E5Zero is using.

Greg Walters at Humminbird

You got that taken care of, LOL

I was fishing today using the trolling motor mounted HDSI transducer with the Transducer Shield and Saver TM-HDsi bracket.

I still haven't done any thing with my fish finder. I have another question. If i dont want the side imaging on the troller but still want to use the 998s1 on the fortrex. Will the same transducer on the fortrex work with the 998s1 for just down imaging? The fortrex has a built inn transducer on it.

Yes, the unit can be a regular 2D unit with the US2 transducer, BUT not show Down Imaging, just 2D sonar in 83/200 kHz.

Down Imaging is the same as Side Imaging, just a different perspective.

You have to change the Transducer Select in the Sonar menu to Dual Beam.

Latest posts

Back