Humminbird 1197 or 998 on a 911CDC

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daryl Ganske

Reaction score
Thinking about buying a Humminbird 1197 SI or a 998 SI for my 2001 911CDC and mounting it on a RAM mount on the dash in between the consoles. Anyone have 911 CDC with a 1197?

Thanks!

I am like the 9 series personally, it has a HUGE screen that is big enough to see no matter where you mount it. The 11 series, well....you could read it running 65 down the lake even if it was mounted up by the trolling motor! Really, you can go wrong either way.

It's not a hummingbird, but this is what a large lowrance looks like between consoles,

DSCN0391.jpg

DSCN0390.jpg

Get the biggest screen you buget will comfortably allow. I have the 1197 on a TV-18. I have had no after thoughts about wheter I should have bought the 998 or 1197. The Ram mount for the 1197 is big I would go to the store and take a look at it before I purchased it or the unit. Also look at the Interlink Module. Worth every penny.

Thanks for the input guys! I want the 1197 but it is so big I am afraid it will block my view too much when driving.

Shortfish, have you ever tried mounting the unit so that the unit bracket and ram ball come straight out behind the middle of the back of the unit so that the unit is positioned lower? I am wondering if the ram would be strong enough in that position?

I would think that would work just fine. As long as you alow for how far back that is going to put the unit when you are mounting the ram mount base. The heavy duty ram mount for the 1197 is very sturdy. I have mine setup just like the above pic. The Ram arm is horizontal with the unit bracket vertical. I have also saw picks where guys mounted similair to what you are talking about. A good welder could shorten the Humminbird bracket and make it look alot cleaner. That way the unit wouldn't be sticking out so far from the bracket. Check out the Yahoo side Imaging group. They have some really good pics and information.

Latest posts

Back