How to remove Spike It Garlic Dip?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I had a great evening fishing Old Hickory Lake. Would have had my limit in my tournament. I managed to spill Spike It Garlic Glo dip on my seat. I have a new big yellow stain down the side of my seat. Any ideas on how to remove it?

Teri,

Try Goo-B-Gone or Goof-Off they seem to do pretty well. Does your boat smell like spaghetti?:D

The items recomended above will get a good start on the removal, but the main ingredients to remove the dye stain are sunlight and time. A few months from now you will hardly notice it. By next year, the next owner ( :lol: ) won't even know it ever happened! ;):D

:lol: Dan, that's funny, and possibly true!

Gene

I liked Scott's comment. Think I will do the sketti dinner tonight in honor of the mishap!

Take Dan's advice it will disapere in time. It happend to me but I didn't take time on how long it took. Just leave it alone and it will go away. Like Dan say's it's all in the sun and time.

I tried Goo Gone the other night. No luck. Bought some neutralizer yesterday and no luck. I give and will just consider it "character". At least I have the neutralizer for next time I decide to dip and drive. :D

No sweat Teri,...as Dan mentioned..it'll disappear in a couple mos anyway...i spilled some on my carpet a few yrs ago.and by the end of the summer it was gone...UV rays will fade it!;)

I was going to suggest rubbing some buttered French bread on it.......maybe not.:lol:

I can't imagine doing that to my boat at the end of a ND/MN season. Covering and storing over the winter would only ripen the effect I'm sure....and make for an interesting spring. Hey, maybe it's an alternative to moth balls :p

Latest posts

Back