How to mount extra seat pedestals

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Droke

Reaction score
I want to add two more seat pedestal bases to the front deck of the 170TF. The question is what bases and how do I mount them from underneath so it looks like the factory installed ones that come on all bass boats. I understand that I can mount the base under the deck, but is there a bushing that will go on top side or what? Hope I have explained this well, any suggestions are welcome and apprecitated. I'm getting the boat set up to do some crappie fishing and want two seats up front side by side.

I don't think you'll be able to duplicate your factory post brackets, unless they are mounted ABOVE the carpet. Mine are completely under the carpet except for the socket itself. You will probably be able to get away with just having the fasteners showing but that all depends upon which make and model of brackets you use. Check out a couple websites like BPS or Cabela's and look to see if they sell the same manufactured ones that you have already and go from there.

Steve,

My brackets are completely under the deck, not just the carpet. I can do that with no problem, however if I do the brass or platic bushing would be under the deck too. That is what i'm having trouble figuring out. I have looked at tons of brackets but just don't see any that are specific for this issue. Guess I need to take a closer look at mine in the boat now. I would buy one of those Dub-L-Seat rigs but they are pretty high dollar( 220.00 + 25.00 shipping = 245.00 )or two new brackets for around 60.00. I sure would like to save as much cash as possible. This crappie fishing is getting costly quick.Thanks for the info. :)

Latest posts

Back