how do I get gas out

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy durda

Reaction score
The dealer asked me to remove gas from fuel tank. Any suggestions how to do this. Built in tank with about 20 gals. On board. Boat is going back to manufacture my guess is they don't want anything else to go wrong.:blink::blink::blink:

You can buy a small hand pumped syphon real cheap at any auto parts place or Wally World.

If you're near a BPS, buy this:
09366.jpg

For $6.50, you can use this to safely siphon gas out into a portable container (and then to your car if the boat tank is more full than the container.
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_37909____SearchResults

Even easier than that - you already have a siphon pump on your boat. Disconnect the engine side of your fuel line. Put your used fuel drum at the transom and stick the disconnected line in the drum. Pump your bulb like you would to prime your engine's gas line. Once the flow starts, just sit back and relax.

I just did this on my Triton this year. The siphon pump through the gas tank fill hole wouldn't work, as there was some kind of anti-siphon device installed inline. I had to resort to this other way that I described above, and it worked great.

All the best,

Glenn

I used the primer bulb like Glenn stated, In my case I did attach a longer hose to the end of it to drain into my other gas tanks. I drained 30 gallons, ended up giving free gas away since I own a diesel truck.

And as Jim has said, that check valve hose he shows is a real life saver and workhorse. I have several (bought a kit)- and it is great for filling the tank on my boat, while on the 'lift'. Far better than trying to buy gas on the lake at a marina.

Love the idea that Glenn put up. I'll have to remember that one.

Tex

A few years ago I hooked up the boat and headed for a lake about two hours away from my home. About 1 1/2 hours away from home, 1/2 hour from the lake and waayyyyyyy deep in the country, I ran out of gas<---big dummy.. After mulling around for what seemed to be forever, I finally got the bright idea that Glenn related.:unsure: I had a full tank of gas in the boat and an empty plastic quart Coke bottle thank goodness, so I filled it twice from the boat tank and put it in my car and I was on my way to the first gas station I came across where I filled up the car. I was a little worried about the oil in the gas but it came to pass that it didn't do any harm at all.

I had forgotten all about that until I read Glenn's post. It seems to me it's a great idea for getting the gas out of your boat. Thanks Glenn:)

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back