How can you tell how many hours are on the "big" motor?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon Daves

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Mercury 50hp ELPTO. Is there any way to tell how many hours are on the motor itself. I've changed plugs and fuel filter and have never seen an hour meter.

Thanks in advance

Mac - Can they do that for the carb'd motor like his 50 and my old 40, let alone my 115 Merc? I thought the puters would only work on the EFI and Opti and newer??

I was thinking about putting a little hours meter on mine to see how much or how much I don't use the boat over the course of a year. Not sure it is worth the $50 they want for it though. Not to mention the HOLE :eek: you have to cut in the dash.

NC,

I too am probably gonna do this IF I keep the boat. I just wish the original owner had done it when he bought it. I do this on all my equipment I buy (mowers, etc) after I crank the stuff to make sure it works. I even put a vibration hour meter on my pressure washer.

Oh well, thanks for the help guys.

I'd like someone to tell me how many are on my 90:lol::p

ALOT!:cool: And it's gonna' have a lot more;)

Question Pat...

I'm runnin' Quickleen every other fill up...should I be using it all the time? That stuff is expensinsive......

Latest posts

Back