Clogged fuel filter

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ttmam

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2005 tracker pt175 with a 50hp Mercury 2stroke. Previous owner said it sat for a year without being run. It ran terrible. I cleaned carbs and changed plugs and fuel filter. Fuel filter was plugged with a yellowish brownish granular substance. Pulled and cleaned fuel lines. Line from fuel pump to filter was full of it and line on bottom carb was plugged full of it. What is it? Dried gas?delaminated fuel line? Tank breaking up?fuel filter come apart? I want to eliminate what caused it. My bet is on old gas and I’ve cleaned that thoroughly. Anyone have any thoughts on what it is? I’ll try to add pics.
57C00C50-A435-4BDE-B51B-F77031583D22.jpeg
0C3DB8C7-67E9-4764-BD4E-9F04AFE43370.png

I had that in my old Procraft. Fuel line deterioration from the ethanol in fuel. Had to replace the fuel line from the transom to the motor. Anywhere there is contaminated fuel lines need to be replaced. Then after that replace fuel filter again.

Probably a good idea to look into tank, it may need to be flushed. Old fuel can be strained through cheese cloth.

I removed the fuel lines and primer bulb today because it was the old grey Mercury line and looked old, faded, dirty and worn. I slit the lines open and they looked good as new on the inside. Not a complete waste of 50$ cause it was due to be replaced but that’s not my problem definitely.

That's a tough one.

Previous owner replaced the line and never replaced the filter?

All the corrosion came off from inside the lines?

Check the pick up tube inside the tank.

you got me stumped. let us know what happened.

Latest posts

Back