Hook2 Tripleshot

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry (Bo) Bolander

Reaction score
OK, bought a new Lowrance Hook2-7 Tripleshot. Has anyone ever mounted this gigantic 12" transducer on the back of their bass boat?
Any tips?

OK, bought a new Lowrance Hook2-7 Tripleshot. Has anyone ever mounted this gigantic 12" transducer on the back of their bass boat?
Any tips?

There are plenty of Utube videos on this. But if you have a good size jackplate. Most are mounting it dead center of the transom underneath the jackplate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't have a jackplate. Lowrance suggests I mount it here, as shown in the picture. I think that's too high, the transducer would be out of the water when on plane.
I think it should be mounted on the next step down, right below circle #1.
Any opinions?

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 233
No it’s perfect remember you don’t want it down where it can get knocked off. And you need a 2d transducer for that down low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most people are running two transducers. 1) a shoot thur hull or a simmer type for 2D. 2) the lss1 or totalscan transducer for structures and sidescan.

So I have to buy another transducer? How much is that? I assume it has a splitter for both.

In the locations you show- you will definitely lose your signal at some point; however, you will have good protection from underwater obstructions and reading even at a fast idle speed. I've operated my down view and side scan, at the helm, like this for some time now. I didn't care to use them at other than idle speed anyway. I do have a Lowrance unit in the dash that has an inside transducer to use at speed. Of course, that means two units in use at the same time. With my old eyes, I've enjoyed having two 9" screens to view- one for mapping and one for fishfinding. mounting to read off the bottom will cause you some grief unless you only fish open waters.

If you have a black and blue port on the back of the uint. Then you can use one uint , two transducers. My carbon is this way. I don’t know if your triple shot has two ports. If not, then you can mount the transducer in the areas you want. But you will lose bottom contact just after on plane running. If you put the transducer under, on the step. You’ll have great readings. But a huge risk to getting it knocked off.

8366543c8a88f3bcea2f5848337a9422.jpg
032646159456b3e9133a5cf23f97cdfe.jpg
aa75f6864000039bc7a28909723529f1.jpg
Ok, in these pics. In the first pic, map and 2d. Look in the bottom right for source it says 2D. In the 2nd pic it reads this uint. In the 3rd pic the 2D screen is highlighted in red and under source it says 2D. This uint is using two different transducers at the same time.

Greetings from NH. Old thread that I would like to "re-open" as I am currently baffled by the best placement for the Lowrance HOOK2 TripleShot transducer on my 2004 Nitro NX 882. I'm concerned with what folks seem to suggest about mounting it on the transom due to losing readings, but also of course if I put it down low by the drain plug I run the risk of knocking it off. The transducer that I am replacing actually fell off in my hand when I was about to remove it, presumably because it had been whacked a couple of times. Can the transducer be mounted flush with the bottom of the boat if it's down low on the step, or maybe a little bit above so it has some level of protection? I've seen some photos that seem to suggest this but then others that say the bottom of the boat should be lined up with the midpoint of the transducer. Posting a couple of pics for reference. Thanks for any feedback my Nitro cousins might have.

Attachments

• PXL_20220611_122634403.jpg
    PXL_20220611_122634403.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20220611_122733248.jpg
    PXL_20220611_122733248.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back