1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hook2 Tripleshot

Thread in 'Marine Electronics' started by Larry (Bo) Bolander, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Larry   (Bo) Bolander

Larry (Bo) Bolander Well-Known Member

OK, bought a new Lowrance Hook2-7 Tripleshot. Has anyone ever mounted this gigantic 12" transducer on the back of their bass boat?
    Any tips?

2. gatorglenn6

gatorglenn6 Well-Known Member

There are plenty of Utube videos on this. But if you have a good size jackplate. Most are mounting it dead center of the transom underneath the jackplate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Larry   (Bo) Bolander

Don't have a jackplate. Lowrance suggests I mount it here, as shown in the picture. I think that's too high, the transducer would be out of the water when on plane.
    I think it should be mounted on the next step down, right below circle #1.
    Any opinions?

Attached Files:

4. gatorglenn6

No it’s perfect remember you don’t want it down where it can get knocked off. And you need a 2d transducer for that down low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Larry   (Bo) Bolander

What do you mean, "you need a 2nd transducer for that down low"?

6. gatorglenn6

Most people are running two transducers. 1) a shoot thur hull or a simmer type for 2D. 2) the lss1 or totalscan transducer for structures and sidescan.

7. Larry   (Bo) Bolander

So I have to buy another transducer? How much is that? I assume it has a splitter for both.

8. Larry Williams

Larry Williams Well-Known Member

In the locations you show- you will definitely lose your signal at some point; however, you will have good protection from underwater obstructions and reading even at a fast idle speed. I've operated my down view and side scan, at the helm, like this for some time now. I didn't care to use them at other than idle speed anyway. I do have a Lowrance unit in the dash that has an inside transducer to use at speed. Of course, that means two units in use at the same time. With my old eyes, I've enjoyed having two 9" screens to view- one for mapping and one for fishfinding. mounting to read off the bottom will cause you some grief unless you only fish open waters.

9. gatorglenn6

If you have a black and blue port on the back of the uint. Then you can use one uint , two transducers. My carbon is this way. I don’t know if your triple shot has two ports. If not, then you can mount the transducer in the areas you want. But you will lose bottom contact just after on plane running. If you put the transducer under, on the step. You’ll have great readings. But a huge risk to getting it knocked off.

10. gatorglenn6

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Ok, in these pics. In the first pic, map and 2d. Look in the bottom right for source it says 2D. In the 2nd pic it reads this uint. In the 3rd pic the 2D screen is highlighted in red and under source it says 2D. This uint is using two different transducers at the same time.