Hey TOXIC

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Jaworski

Reaction score
Hi,

I saw your Lake ANNA post on another board. I am planning on launching at ANNA point on the 18th or 19th. Havent fished ANNA much, but plan on fishing it more this year. I live in Williamsburg. Hows the Striper fishing up there? Can you give me any info on a decent area to try?

Dont get me wrong, I love Bass fishing, but its nice to try something different every now and then.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

Stripers are starting to school and push bait. The best time is at dawn and dusk. If you are going to chase them during the day, drag deep diving cranks. my favorite is a Cordell Redfin (6inch deep diving model) in chrome and blue. If you can catch them schooling toss a Sassy Shad or Sea Shad into the school. Be considerate and don't run up on a group of boats fishing churning schools (it is easy to push the fish down prematurly). Take binocs and watch the gulls and the water for action. Get with the group and get ready to run with them when the school surfaces again. Best areas (in order) have been Rose Valley, around Jetts Island and the 208 bridge. I will be out of town over that weekend or I would try to link up with you on the water.

Good luck.

TOXIC

Thanks for the info. Ive been catching them down here in Waller Mill reservoir trolling and schooling. Ill shoot you an email next time I come up that way.

mark

Latest posts

Back