Hey Michiganders...how was your opening day?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
Marke, Gene, Mac, Mini, Craig, did I forget anyone?

How did you opening day go???

I was on the water by 0615 (later than I wanted, but I had to wake up my partner...he was out until 0300!!!)

We boated 8 largemouth...all in the 1.5 to 3lb class...

We both lost our best fish of the day next to the boat...

Mine was likely in the 3's...partner's was definetly in the 4's...pretty chilly day...just like last year...remember?

az

Got out late sat. morning (in the rain) Cought a couple of 14.5-15" largemouth on a grassy point with crankbaits. Once the rain stopped, we started catching the smallies. About a dozen all together, with 3 in the 4 pound class. Most on a BPS Stick-o in watermelon, a couple on rattle traps. A pretty good day, considering the weather.

Craig

Stroked-em!!! Sat, I went out with a buddy to a local in-land lake.....fished for 3 hrs....caught 4 lrgmth's....all 3lbs ea....using a T-rigged Zoom Brush hawg and a spinner bait. Went out sunday on 'Clair with a DJ buddy of mine and Mini,...we caught everything!! Awesome day!! Especially the walleye,.....Mini got it off a dock on a tube!! He's my hero....

Well Tex...

There was very little sun here on opening day...

It was upper 40's when we got to the lake...

Spit some sprinkes during the morning...

Sun came out after 1pm...never got to 60 degrees...

az

It was great Andy...got out on Diamond Lake in your neck of the woods. Surprisingly it was not as busy as I would have thought with boat traffic. Caught 13 bass, 3 Northerns, and countless rock bass. Cranks in the morning and Senko's during the day.....caught them on scattered weedbeds on the flats. No real size to any of them though.

--Corey

We got rained on most of the morning. We caught a lot of fish but not many bass, and they ran small. The rock bass were going crazy! We had a good time, and that's what it's all about...Isn't it?LOL

I did go out to a small lake near home with a guy from church on Monday. We were fishing unweighted tubes along the weed lines and I got a few. The fish started crashing minnows out in 10-12 ft of water so I quick tied a Rapala on. I tossed it out and twitched it three times when about a 4 pounder sucked it in.(as the lure was in the air I thought...I should give the Rod to Ramon, needless to say I didn't. Hey Tox, can you say BAD GUIDE LOL) The best part was on the way to the lake he tells me he forgot to get a license. 10 minutes before we had to leave he ties into his first fish, guess who's boat was 75 yds away coming towards us...MI D.N.R.!!! He says what should I do? I said it's over dude just look like you know what your doing. They turned and went to another boat about 300 yds away! I guess thats what clean living will do for you.

Gene

I finished 11th on Sag Bay in a tourney with 16.01. Just couldnt get the better fish to go. Sight fishing beds all day in 2 footers. Rain never came and the wind never started as predicted (was supposed to get 20-30 NNE and it was 10-15 NE). Took 19.98 to win and I was next to him all day, I just couldnt see the better fish.....

Mini

My partner and I took 6th place out of 48 boats at the White Lake Open, we had 11.9 for 5 fish, winner had 16.2. We were 4th and in the money until the last 2 teams weighed in, then we got bumped to 6th. 4 smallies and one LM.

Went out to St. Clair yesterday and today (just got back). Had the intention of going pike fishing (bass season still closed out there) could not keep the smallies off my lures..kept throwing bigger and bigger lures tryin to keep em off, but they kept on hittin...oh well, who am I to complain..

Back