Here's my 3 day story of Lake (wind) Champlain

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Kurtzner

Reaction score
Well I was at the launch at 6:30 I had to change props, raise the jackplate, & set some locations in the GPS. Got on the water by 8:00 the wind was just starting to pick up, my original plan was to start at mooney bay then down in front of the gut for some jerkbait fish then off to the inland sea to check out some tips, (well) I made it as far as mooney bay. Got nothing at the docks but got 2 LM draging tubes by the break wall 2 -2 1/2 lbs, next off through carry bay (wind is now up to 10 MPH from the south) caught a SM on a carolina rig at the opening around 3 lbs. Next went up to city reef to see if I could find some of the fish that Rob & I caught a couple weeks earlier, nope. Then north up through the opening to the wood in the corner 2 LM on 2 casts w/a spinnerbait 1 up to three lbs. Next up to the sunken duck blind 1st flip my jig swam off (good sign) but then I had to flip back again & bang a 5.4LM, rats but all well, then hit some more spots in the bay, just looking though.

Its know 3:00 time to head back,(now the wind is 20 to 25) back past the spot were I blew up my Nitro & today the weather is worse (I'm sure glad the I have my new boat it handled the rough water much better then I expected took me 25 minutes to go 12 miles butt now came the hard part to cross the widest part well I was riding the roller coaster up the wave foot off the gas swoosh down the backside of thewave over & over this took me 15 to 20 minutes to go 3 miles, but I made it back (wet but back)

Saturday High Winds Day 1 cancelled, so the call was its now a one day tournament, that was fine for me I was sure my fish would still be there (the wind was suppose to be 5 to 10 W SW (wrong) try 10 to 20. 1st spot up to the duck blind (luckly no hunters in the area) 1 st 2 flips boated 2 fish about 6 lbs but nothing else partner did break off a good one in the heavy part off to the marindale reef got 1 SM 2 1/2 lbs, its 11:00 time too start back hit the wood in the corner got 2 LM on a spinnerbait (3 more LBS) then off to some rock reefs got 1 SM on a tube & one on a jerkbait wich culled 1 fish. Thats it time to head back to weigh-in or 6 fish weighed 14.17 which was good for 14th place (not bad considering the wind but not what I had expected Northern Champlain stills owes me one of these days. Thanks Rob for some help, I wish I was able to see you Friday or Saturday you might of helped me for another lb, was out of the money by 1/2 lb. Mark

Sorry dude, I was pegged this weekend. I went by the 'helm on Friday night but was loaded with 2X4's, plywood, sheetrock etc. Wish the blind had produced a little more for you. Too bad you didn't boat that 5 lber on Sunday. But isn't that always the way? So you loving that Ranger now or what? LOL "Wet but BACK" !!! That's all I'm gonna say 'bout dat!

Latest posts

Back