Help with Prop, Please.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cris Ratzlaff

Reaction score
Ok, here is the story.... I have a 200 hp merc with a Trophy prop 23 pitch (48-825908A45). This prop has the PVS system on it. According to my local dealer this prop is the "older" version. The PVS holes are approximately 7/8 in. in diameter. I ordered the plugs to fit this prop because there were none on the prop and I thought I could get a better hole shot with a few of the holes closed. Well I went to put them in and they are a JOKE!!! They fit but they do not stay in. I'm sure that is why when I bought the boat there were none in. When the dealer told me that my prop was an older version, I guess he was right!!!:lol: So, here is the question.... is there any other way to close off one or two of the holes? Should I just replace the prop with a "new" style prop with a PVS system? What would a new prop that would be comparable with the one I have run for cost? I would like to stay with stainless. My boat is a 20 ft Targa. Any and all help would be appreciated!!!:):) Thanks!!!

CR

Back