Help Preparing for Rally!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
OK Gang, this Rally will be the FIRST time i've ever taken my Tracker (or any boat for that matter) on an overnight! She's always come home to my garage every night.

So here is what i've done so far (or will have done by the time I leave) and a list of what I plan to do/bring, any other suggestions or input is appreciated:

Completed/will be completed:

- New batteries installed and tested.

- Bearings flushed and re-greased.

- Oil reseviour full and extra bottle in boat.

- All saftey gear and life jackets (flair, tools...).

- Spare gas bulb/line in boat.

- Boat full of gas.

- Tire pressure on van and trailer checked/correct.

- KEYS!!!

- All rods, reels, and tackle loaded.

- Travel cover installed.

- Rain suit stowed.

Bringing:

- GPS

- Digital Camera with extra batteries

Buying in the way/there:

- Fishing License

- Lake Map

Now I have an on board charger, do I need an extension cord or does the Moors provide those??

What else??

Take a cord just in case..always! As far as a full tank of gas in your boat..I wouldn't sweat it. You burn more fuel in your vehicle towin' that extra weight unless you don't have far to go.

Get a Hotspots map and you can add to yours from everyone elses:)

For any coming down that likes to drink beer or spirits..bring your own..it's DRY county. AND don't take any on your boats...they make NO exceptions..trust me;)

Bring your ZOOM camera Trep..you'll need it to enlarge those dink fish:)LOL

TEE

Man I wish I was going to the rally but can't. TrepMan one thing I have found to be true wilst out traveling about with your boat behind. Bring as much extenstion cord as you think you'll need then add one more with a multiple plug end. Other things I trave with.

four way lug wrench and hydrolic jack with chunks two by four for blocking tires and placing jack on.

toolbox

spare bearing/races etc

trailer lock

Huge flashlight

portable battery charger in case the worse happens.

fatrap

Trep,

Dont forget a spare tire and a tool kit incase of any unfortunate mishaps on the trip. If your are renting a boat slip while you are there, you should only need a 20'-30' extention cord. The slips have power. You can get a Kentucky License at The Moors in their marina, Not sure about a map, I have a hotspots map and its also on my GPS.

See ya there!!!!!

Just add water,

Mike

I learned the hard way to always bring an extra set of plugs and a socket to install them. Fouled the plugs in Minnesota and it cost me about a day in the water fixing it. You probably don't have to worry cause you don't have a brand new boat but now I always keep them just in case.

Extra ropes to tie off with.

I agree with TEE,....don't worry about towing your boat with full gas tank(s)....no need for the extra weight!

Fill them when you get close to the resort......gas stations are everywhere!

Fatrap:

I'll add the extention cord!

I've got the tool box, flashlight, four way lug wrench and trailer locks already.

Don't yet own the hydraulic jack and don't have spare bearing/races yet.

I figure on the "portable battery charger", if my Guest goes bad i'll a) BORROW one of the prize ones from SUE!! LOL or B) borrow a portable one from someone at the rally.

TEE - Got the beer covered!! Just have to load the cases!! LOL

Can I get that HotSpots Map over the web or should I just wait till I get to the Moors??

What else??

Trep, You have the basics covered but might want to bring at least a 50' extension cord. When I reserved my boat slip the person I talked to said that not every slip has an outlet. I got a hotspot map online that is pretty detailed. Not sure if the Moors shop is going to have the same map or one that is not as detailed. I would get the map now and start planning where you want to start fishing. From my experience, bring a portable battery charger just in case your on-board charger malfunctions or someone else's doesn't work. Been to too many 2 day tournaments when something like a charger goes bad and you have little to no power for the second day. By the way, I'll be bringing my portable charger just in case. Can't wait!!!!!

Should be able to find one at Dick's Sporting Goods..don't know if there's one around you...BPS and a few others do too. See ya there Trepster!

Below is the website where I purchased the hotspot map for the upper part of Kentucky lake. I believe it was $11.95 plus shipping. It's a very informative map.

http://www.weblanding.com/store/maps/

Mike - Spare tire is mounted on the trailer!

Wasen't planning on renting the slip, without an autobildge pump don't know how good an idea it is to leave her in the water. Also, i don't have locking lids on most of my storage and don't want to have to completely unload it at night. Figure I park the boat by the cabin, lock what I can, take in the expensive stuff and put the cover on to keep the basic theives out.

That's cheap for the map..go for it Trep. Also if you plan on venturin' out with a few of us "roamers"..you'll need one of Barkley also. If ya' don't want to spend the money...I have all of them:)

The spare tire and toolkit is essential. I carry lots of stuff, people think im nuts but it rather have it then be stuck. the stuff i carry dosent take up lots of room because i have it organised pretty good. I havw countless times helped club members who have had mishaps while on a trip. here is a list of stuff i carry.

A tool box with the following

sae and metric Socket set

sae and metric Open/box end wrench set

Screwdrivers

pliers and wire cutters

Ball peen hammer

brass drift

Mini grease gun and spare bearing grease canisters

Bearing caps

Spare bearings, castle nuts, races and cotter pins and seals

fuses for truck

Crimp connectors and tools for fixing wires on trailer

18" breaker bar

Spare winch strap

Spare tie down straps for transom

Electrical tape

Duct tape

Spare tail light for trailer.

Various bolts, nuts and screws.

zip ties

spare straps clips for my cover

tire prssure gauge

mini multimeter

I also carry a small floor jack that i got at walmart for 12 bucks and a small block of 4x4 wood

Rubbermaid storage container with the following

2 gallons of 2 cycle oil

Quart of tranny fluid for truck or boat trim unit

Quart of oil for the truck

dot 3 brake fluid

paper towels

Road flares

Towels for wiping boat down

wheel chocks

extension cord

mini 12v compressor for filling tires

Cloth rags

winshield washer fluid.

Tire plug kit

flashlight

Thats the stuff i keep in the truck, i just toss them in the back before a trip. Two boxes and a jack.

In the boat. all this stuff goes in a dry box

spark plugs

small tool kit with various wrenches, socket, spark plug socket and multi but screwdriver.

Spare prop for tm with pins and nuts

fuses

first aid kit

duct tape and electrical tape

spare hub kit for prop and prop wrench.

Tee, note i have two rolls for those really big repair jobs :)

How could I forget to add the duct tape!!! A man should ALWAYS have a couple of rolls of duct tape.

fatrap

Jim - What'd you do trade that Dakota 4 door in for a Semi!!! Geeze, I don't think my van would HOLD that much stuff!!! LOL

No trep i still have the dakota. Isnt it purdy? :) my tolbox is a 3 drawer craftsman and the rubbermade box is like 18x24 or so. both are packed as full as they can get. Both boxes are pretty heavy. I go on long trips all the time, my favorite place to fish is 3+ hours away. I have never been stranded on the road an i dont ever plan to be.
Truck%20004.jpg

I know who to come to now if I have problems at the rally.

Here's a tip:

Mix your Mayo and Mustard (to your likeing) and put it in a mustard bottle. Saves room in the ice chest and allows you to make a sandwich in the boat without the need for knives for extracting spreading mayo. I think it taste better mixed anyway.

All you need on board for lunch is loaf of bread, mustard bottle, and lunch meat.

Also, get youself a tupperware container that can hold all of your food items. One that will fit in a storage comparment in your boat. This protects the food items and keeps them in a central location in the boat.

These items are essential when I make a road trip. My fishing buddies say that I catch fish using the sandwich technique. "cast your line out and sit there and it a sandwich, when done with the sandwich pick up the rod and set the hook" I have done that many times and now I have to live with the verbal abuse. They are just jealous b/c I catch more fish than them...LOL yeah right

Wolf

Don't forget the filet knife and some zip lock bags if you are going to clean and keep any fish.

LOL Mac. I still havent figured out how to make a weapon from a pincone, a matchstick and some bubblegum like MacGyver can.

Jim B...

You forgot...

First Aid Kit, winch, small shovel, water jug, blanket, fire extinguisher(s), small battery lantern, orange flasher/rotating light, fix a flat, small tarp to lay on ground for under truck/trailer, duct tape, WD40, white lube, small bucket, sponge and rags, small hydraulic jack, camp hatchet/axe, matches and fire starters, energy bars and bottled water... (and all of your "stuff") packed in tool totes in the cap/bed of my truck...

I am taken my whole house with me. Not taken any chances. I'm taken the kitchen sink, the stove and oven, my bed, an extension cord, I even going to take my toilet with me just in case. LOL Now I am really taken my old camper. It should have everything I need. If you need something? There is a Walmart Superstore in Benton KY. That is very close to Moors Marina. You can get ice & bait at moors, for all of those crappie slabs. I am not 100% sure I can be there that weekend. But I do hope that I can and get to see everybody

......All that stuff,.....and not a single tube of toothpaste!! What a gnarly bunch!!

Trep,

I didn't see any mention about the Home Brew. Don't forget the beer.

I keep an extra set of car keys in the first-aid kit that is in the boat.You never know when you will need them.

Beef Jerky and sunflower seeds....can't fish without 'em.

Oh yeah, almost forgot....

1 AAA battery

A bike inner tube

A spare change of underwear

6 postage stamps

A paper clip

2 turtle-doves

A hockey puck---regulation

3 jack-nuts

A copy of War and Peace

Wax Paper

Grass seed

Gynecologist's phone number

Spare blades for the mower

Silly Putty

4 boiled eggs

300 feet of parachute cord

Dr. Scholl's foot powder

100 lbs. of Ice....(buy it before you leave, you'll have cold water when you get there)

A wishbone from last Thanksgiving's turkey

Nair Hair remover

A vanilla scented candle

Baby-Wipes

Preparation-H...economy size

4 eyes-of-newt

Dried gizzard of lizard

9 chicken beaks

Parrafin Wax

VCR

Cordless Phone

Strawberry Jam

Tweezers

Paragoric

Castor Oil

2 mouse traps

cheese for the mouse traps

crackers for any leftover cheese that the mice don't eat

3 cats to chase the mice that the mouse traps don't get

cat food for the cats

soy sauce to cook the cats in if you don't catch fish to eat

nose hair clippers

Flow-Bee hair cutting kit

Picture of MAC to put by my bed at night

Picture of MINI to take in the shower with me

Soap for the shower

Loofah pad for the shower

Body gel....for the shower

Handcuffs

Key for the Handcuffs

SPARE key for the Handcuffs

Hack saw for the Handcuffs...if I lose the spare key

Feather Boa...1 each, pink, pastel blue, and magenta

Sewing needles

Owner's Manual for a '74 Harley

Eyebrow Shaver in case Rob show's up!!!

Bullhorn

Chopsticks....(for the cat marinated in soy sauce)

and.................TOOTHPASTE!!!!!!!

Handcuffs... You didn't tell me you had handcuffs last year... We could have had even more fun... LOLOLOLOL

I also had the Parrafin wax and Chicken beaks!!!

It was great rooming with you last year, I'm proud to count you among my friends!!!

I'm screaming over here. This is better than a Curb Your Enthusiam marathon.

With tears in my eyes,

Harpo

I'm sending your housewarming gift down with Corey IF you are going... Otherwise you have to wait..

LOLOLOLOLOL your killing me LOL who is Ken rooming with? LOL

I am locking my door and bringing the dog to chase the cat, that is chasing the mice, that is choking on Kens cheese. LOL

LMAO!!!!! That's hilarious Neeley!! Especially the part about Mini's picture!!...I'm cryin' here!!!..

BWWAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Ha, a gyno number. I wouldn't have thought of that.

For the road - cell phone and AAA 's phone number

For the boat - cell phone and Jim B's phone number

For the lodge - a big freakin' lock to keep Neeley out of the room!

No uni-brow for me, thank you very much!

Rich D

So.. A little known Neeley story from last year... First, no one appreciated his success on his little morel hunt more than me... That night with dinner, sauteed over our steaks... FANTASTIC!!!

However, back in the room... to dry the remaining ones for the trip home... Ken put the morels all over the heater... Well the blower did dry them out and of course... dry... they are a bit lighter... so the blowe also "blew them" all over... morels evrywhere in a four - six foot radius of that heater! Looked like a scarey scene from a bad b grade drive-in flick!!!

Trep,

Go down to Pep boys, and buy a set of small wheel chocks. They are metal, and fold flat. Have a metal brace that locks them. The slip under the wheels. Two of them would fit in your blue jean pocket, without too much problem.

Never know when you will need to chock the wheels on the trailer when travelling. Also, take a jackstand, if you have one. Invaluable for many things, including helping change a tire on the trailer.

Tex

A big yes on the jack stand... You put it under the frame behind the flat trailer tire and then you can (in an emergency, after lowering the tongue jack as far as possible) use the tongue jack to raise the wheel to change the flat if no other jack is available...

Latest posts

Back