Help - my 128 transducer bracket broke!

• Thread starter Mark Hofman [IMG]http://stlhofman.com/bracket.jpg[
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
While I was out trying to break my transom, I broke the bracket for my trolling motor transducer. The 'ducer itself flipped up into the splashwell and looks okay. But the plastic part of the transom-mounted bracket broke right at the point where the swivel pins on the transducer are (port side). I can place the starboard pin in its hole, then slide the port-side pin down through the broken plastic into its spot. I can then snap the lower clips into place and the transducer stays in position - UNTIL I get up on plane and it a few wakes. When that happens, the port-side pin comes up and out of its slot and the transducer falls off.

Does anyone know if you can buy just the bracket assembly, or will I have to get a whole transducer/bracket package?

Update: Found a picture with the part that broke (the arrow is pointing right at the spot where the plastic is missing).

bracket.jpg

Do you have a picture of the bracket you need. I have a few extra lying around but am not sure what they go to.

You can order a replacement from Humminbird. They sell the bracket. I may even have a spare laying around. I epoxied mine to the inside of the hull.

Mo,

Same here, I just bought the Matrix 15 and mounted it on the bow. I think the bracket for the transom mount is the same for the 128. If you need it, it is yours.

Rich D

Thanks guys! I can't epoxy mine to the inside of the hull since it is a tin boat and the bottom doesn't have a flat spot that allows the 'ducer to point straight down.

Let me see if I can get one locally...but I may take you up on the offer if I can't locate one.

Oh, the Matix transducer mount is not interchangable with the one from the 128.. it is smaller.

LT

I will compare the mounts on my boat and see how they look. If they are the same, anyone who needs it is welcom to it.

Rich D

Mine broke in the exact same spot yesterday. I had this happen several times on my old TV18 as well. The bracket is a piece of plastic junk. Last night I replaced the plastic bracket with an Eagle mounting bracket, which is metal. The H'bird transducer fits into it just fine and it will still flip up if I encounter an obstruction. I'm not sure what model Eagle the bracket came off of, it was a leftover from an install I did for my buddy on his trolling motor.

Mo, I have it if you want it, replaced my 128 with a 400tx, and while I was at it I pulled the old mount off and saved it, but have no need for it...... if you need it, lemme know how to get it to you, and it'll be on it's way.... egMike

LT is correct, I compared mounts and the Matrix mount is about 1/2 inch smaller all around. If anyone needs a Matrix mount, let me know.

Rich D

Lt,

Got your email, sent a reply. Just email me an address and I will drop it in the mail.

Rich D

Mo,

I just replaced my H-bird with lowrance. E-mail me your home address and I'll you send the bracket for FREE!!!

Marke

It's on the way, Marke! Thanks!!!!!!!!! Can I at least reimburse you for postage?

Mo, sent you an email, let me know if you want mine as a spare....along with Marke's , and don't worry about no postage! egMike

Hey Mo,

I got your e-mail. I'll have Jill send it out tomorrow. Don't even think about sending me a check for the postage. You might want to take egMike's too. Having a spare is probably not a bad idea the way you drive...LOL

Marke

Thanks guys! Marke, I just sent egMike a reply, too. My driving????? Yup, like a bat outta hell.

Mo,

Jill sent it out this morning. I think she sent it 2nd day. Hopefully you'll have it Satruday morning and you'll be back on the water by the afternoon.

I hope you don't mind but the bracket was connected to the ducer and the shin bone's connected to the knee bone and the knee bone's connected to the..... I think you get the point. You'll be recieving compelete set of spare parts.

Enjoy :eek:)

Marke

Thanks, Marke! (and Jill!!) But didn't you have the 128 mounted on the back deck for the boys to use?

I did but they never used it. I was having some problems with my LCX-15 and thought maybe the ducers were interfering with each other. So I just removed the H-bird. In my haste I cut the ducer wire so that may never work again but everything else is in perfect condition (The unit, all brackets, power cables, etc.) Feel free to keep what you want for spare parts and just scrap the rest.

Don't worry about the boys. The LCD on the x-15 is large enough for them to see from the back deck :eek:)

Mo, your spare's on it's way, sent it out snail mail this afternoon.....egMike

Thanks, Mike!!

This really is the best place in cyperspace.

(Hey, that rhymes! Rich - there's the new motto for NTOWS!)

Marke's box of spare parts for the 128 arrived this afternoon. Switch out with the replacement bracket took all of two minutes.

THIS BOARD ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LT,

Have you received the bracket I sent? It went out last Wednesday or Thursday. Just following up.

Rich D

egMike's bracket came just a couple of days later. Now I've got a good one on the transom and a nice extra in my spare parts bag! Thanks, eg!

Anytime Mo, glad I could help out, small price to pay for all the good ideas, advice, and even LAUGHS I get from this place. Good luck with it, egMike

Latest posts

Back