1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello

Thread in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Todd Carlson, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Todd Carlson

Todd Carlson Member

My name is Todd and 6 months ago we purchased a Z19 sport. I am new to the group and wanted to say hello! I am getting ready to mount a Lowrance transducer to the back of my boat and I was wondering if anyone had any advice?

2. Kerz

Kerz Well-Known Member

Welcome! No, I really can't offer mounting advise for a rear mounted Z19. I've only recently mounted on trolling motor Z18

3. Todd Carlson

Todd Carlson Member

Thanks for answering. I will figure it out and post my results. I am guessing it can be a challenge to get it right.

4. Kerz

Kerz Well-Known Member

Todd,
    You might consider stopping by your local Nitro boat store and talk to the service guys. Likely even the parts department folks will know.
    Let us know what you find out.
    Vic

5. Todd Carlson

Todd Carlson Member

Vic,
    I have talked with Bass Pro and Lowrance and I plan to go look at one mounted on a boat this weekend. I am also meeting with a man named Ken Sturdivant for a sonar class next week. Hopefully I will be able to make a decision and get it mounted. I will try and post my results. Thanks for the feedback!
    Todd

6. Todd Carlson

Todd Carlson Member

I have talked with Bass Pro shop and Lowrance and I have mounted my transducer. The trailer limited my options and this was the best I could come up with. I used a Stern Saver which is epoxied to the boat, that way I drilled it not the boat. I was told the transducer must be level when the boat sits in the water and it must be a half inch below the bottom of the boat. I will try and take it out this weekend and see how it works. I am sure I will have to make a few adjustments. IMG_2070.JPG

Attached Files: