Hello

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Carlson

Reaction score
My name is Todd and 6 months ago we purchased a Z19 sport. I am new to the group and wanted to say hello! I am getting ready to mount a Lowrance transducer to the back of my boat and I was wondering if anyone had any advice?

Welcome! No, I really can't offer mounting advise for a rear mounted Z19. I've only recently mounted on trolling motor Z18

Welcome! No, I really can't offer mounting advise for a rear mounted Z19. I've only recently mounted on trolling motor Z18
Thanks for answering. I will figure it out and post my results. I am guessing it can be a challenge to get it right.

Todd,
You might consider stopping by your local Nitro boat store and talk to the service guys. Likely even the parts department folks will know.
Let us know what you find out.
Vic

Todd,
You might consider stopping by your local Nitro boat store and talk to the service guys. Likely even the parts department folks will know.
Let us know what you find out.
Vic
Vic,
I have talked with Bass Pro and Lowrance and I plan to go look at one mounted on a boat this weekend. I am also meeting with a man named Ken Sturdivant for a sonar class next week. Hopefully I will be able to make a decision and get it mounted. I will try and post my results. Thanks for the feedback!
Todd

I have talked with Bass Pro shop and Lowrance and I have mounted my transducer. The trailer limited my options and this was the best I could come up with. I used a Stern Saver which is epoxied to the boat, that way I drilled it not the boat. I was told the transducer must be level when the boat sits in the water and it must be a half inch below the bottom of the boat. I will try and take it out this weekend and see how it works. I am sure I will have to make a few adjustments.
IMG_2070.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2070.JPG
    IMG_2070.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 51
I have talked with Bass Pro shop and Lowrance and I have mounted my transducer. The trailer limited my options and this was the best I could come up with. I used a Stern Saver which is epoxied to the boat, that way I drilled it not the boat. I was told the transducer must be level when the boat sits in the water and it must be a half inch below the bottom of the boat. I will try and take it out this weekend and see how it works. I am sure I will have to make a few adjustments.View attachment 930
Does the bunk of the trailer interfere with the transducer?

The transducer is several inches away from the bunk. The back of the boat is flush with the bunk when it is on the trailer. I just had to make sure the tie down strap didn't interfere, it was close but it worked out just fine. I can do 50 plus mph and it still can see the bottom. If you would like I can send more pictures. If I can help you in any way please let me know.

The transducer is several inches away from the bunk. The back of the boat is flush with the bunk when it is on the trailer. I just had to make sure the tie down strap didn't interfere, it was close but it worked out just fine. I can do 50 plus mph and it still can see the bottom. If you would like I can send more pictures. If I can help you in any way please let me know.
That would be awesome! I am ordering my graphs and trolling motor this week and would love to have an idea how to mount the transducer in the meantime!! Thanks so much!!

Also, I noticed that you don't have a jack plate, does the motor ever interfere with the side imaging or do you have to trim up the motor? Thanks again for all of your help!

Here are a few more pictures. As far as the motor interfering with the side scan I am going to have to try it with the motor up to make sure. I will send you another picture with the motor down. I am going out again Friday and I will verify if the motor up or down makes any difference.

T7.jpg
Here is a picture with the motor down. I don't think it interferes with the side imaging. I will check to make sure next time I go out. If you look closely at the bunk I have the boat a little too far up on the trailer. Make sure if you install a stern saver it is just above the bottom of the boat so if you put the boat on the trailer it won't hit. I hope this helps and I will let you know in a week or so if I notice any difference with the motor raised.

View attachment 1101 Here is a picture with the motor down. I don't think it interferes with the side imaging. I will check to make sure next time I go out. If you look closely at the bunk I have the boat a little too far up on the trailer. Make sure if you install a stern saver it is just above the bottom of the boat so if you put the boat on the trailer it won't hit. I hope this helps and I will let you know in a week or so if I notice any difference with the motor raised.
Awesome! I am interested how it worked out! Also, which trolling motor are you running? My Terrova just came in and it looks like I will have to mount the bracket past the first 2 holes for it to clear the gunwale. Thanks again buddy!

Awesome! I am interested how it worked out! Also, which trolling motor are you running? My Terrova just came in and it looks like I will have to mount the bracket past the first 2 holes for it to clear the gunwale. Thanks again buddy!
I can’t go out until Friday and hopefully I will get you some answers. I have a minn Kota power drive and It was mounted on the boat when I bought it. I’ll get back you next weekend. Sorry for the delay, work got it the way of fishing.

I took the boat out Friday and turned on side scan and went under a bridge. I did have to lift the motor just slightly to see the bridge. I don't use side scan that much and never even thought about the motor blocking the signal. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Latest posts

Back